• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Newbie - Bad experience with Trusty Time.

Watchin22

Horology Curious
14/6/22
Hi all! I’m a newbie and been lurking for a while before I joined a few weeks ago. Can’t believe the knowledge base on this forum. Wanted to say hi and also potential warning about Trusty Time. Purchased a Rolex Datejust 31mm fluted bezel, white dial, jiub bracelet two tone. QC pics looked ok so I GL. Smooth transaction and prompt responses to questions. Received watch and it has a gold dial / face, not the white one I ordered or GL in QC pics! No response to 4 emails sent as well as website contact form message. Just wanted to give back by letting y’all know my experience even though they are on TD list.

Oascom

Watchmaker / Modder
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
19/1/16
WWW.WATCHMAKERUSA.COM
Hi all! I’m a newbie and been lurking for a while before I joined a few weeks ago. Can’t believe the knowledge base on this forum. Wanted to say hi and also potential warning about Trusty Time. Purchased a Rolex Datejust 31mm fluted bezel, white dial, jiub bracelet two tone. QC pics looked ok so I GL. Smooth transaction and prompt responses to questions. Received watch and it has a gold dial / face, not the white one I ordered or GL in QC pics! No response to 4 emails sent as well as website contact form message. Just wanted to give back by letting y’all know my experience even though they are on TD list.

Trusty has been established here for long time, i don't think anyone will take seriously a 0 post member. If it's a real issue you can always open a ticket with the mods, but before that i think you can solve issue with the trusy himself. Mistakes happen and I'm sure he will take care of you.

Good luck.

r0b9502

Renowned Member
22/1/17
Yup, I think you discovered something which all these old frogs havent noticed in years of experience.

Reactions: kavorca1

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
Were you actually a RWI member when you ordered and received the watch? If yes, contact the Help Desk. If not, you're on your own.

Best of luck.

Reactions: Watchin22

Teamjlf

I'm Pretty Popular
9/9/19
Replica oblivion…
I’m sure the team at Trusty will sort it out for you.
Give them some time to investigate and respond.
There are many of us that wait for months on end sometimes for QC pics / responses to queries and even longer for shipping activities. The rep game is not for the faint hearted or for those lacking in patience or bravery !

good luck and I’m sure it will be sorted amicably.

Watchin22

Horology Curious
14/6/22
Thank you for the response Teamjlf. I hope for a response. From Andrew. Other than the color of the dial the watch is great.

Reactions: Teamjlf

Ghostrider757

I'm the one who knocks.
Patron
Certified
9/8/17
Underground
Why the sarcasm? There have been issues with Trusty Time previously from members and I thought I would just mention my experience. Take it or leave it but no need for the attitude

This would be better suited in trusty’s forum and not in the “flame free zone”?

Reactions: P..DR..D

kavorca1

cosa nostra for life.
Supporter
12/5/20
SoCal
The sarcasm is warranted when a zero post newbie says “ they want to warn us” about a TD as if though Andrew is a scammer. Stop being overly dramatic. Said my piece.

derjenigewelcher

Watch Enthusiast
Supporter
Certified
22/11/20
Switzerland
There is a big chance that OP did not buy at the true Trusty Time Homepage.

Telle us the URL you ordered from pls.

Watchin22

Horology Curious
14/6/22
The intention was not to imply I know better than the veterans on here but merely to share my experience. I realize I’m new here so obviously my issue is of no interest to most veterans here but at least new folks like me may be interested and thus I posted in this section

Reactions: ab3 and jilbec

cecilcu92

Known Member
Certified
6/2/20
CONUS
so you ordered, approved, and received the watch all in the last 14 days? Not trying to be sarcastic, just checking.

P..DR..D

KING OF LINKS
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
Last edited:
Reactions: JayBee0815

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
The intention was not to imply I know better than the veterans on here but merely to share my experience. I realize I’m new here so obviously my issue is of no interest to most veterans here but at least new folks like me may be interested and thus I posted in this section

Welcome to RWI. Try to sort it out with Andrew before you open a HD ticket. Do not remove any of the protective plastic from the watch and do not size the bracelet. He should exchange it for the correct watch. If you absolutely cannot resolve this yourself you can open a HD ticket as long as you were a member when you entered into the transaction with Trusty. Andrew's been around a long, long time. He's a good dealer. Good luck.

Edit: As previously mentioned, this would be better posted in Trusty’s section where Andrew will see it.

Last edited:

Watchin22

Horology Curious
14/6/22
Thank you for the welcome! Andrew has responded and said the gold numerals are reflecting on the silver white face to make it look gold and it’s the correct watch. I pointed out it looks different from QC’s and listing and left it at that :/.

Last edited:

Watchin22

Horology Curious
14/6/22
The gold face is more than a reflection as it looks gold even in different lighting. It’s clear he won’t budge .