• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New ZF IWC 3777 Pilot Chrono is coming?!

Mds2004

You're Saying I Can Sell?
24/5/12
Just received my ZF 3777. Looks great except that the chrono resets to the 57 second mark. Ive sent an email asking Toro is this is normal

tom_cat

I'm Pretty Popular
4/7/13
Just received my ZF 3777. Looks great except that the chrono resets to the 57 second mark. Ive sent an email asking Toro is this is normal

No it is not normal, they should have checked it before sending it out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tom_cat

I'm Pretty Popular
4/7/13
Go for it, great addition to any collection.

I bought mine from Ken at Chazingtime, he is one of the best TD's around. Buy with total confidence.

+1 with choosing ken he's the best TD and very helpful

Mds2004

24/5/12
No it is not normal, they should have checked it before sending it out

That's what I figured. The qc pics show it at the 60 second mark. I'm waiting for Toros response. It sucks because I don't want to send it back.

tom_cat

I'm Pretty Popular
4/7/13
That's what I figured. The qc pics show it at the 60 second mark. I'm waiting for Toros response. It sucks because I don't want to send it back.

Well almost everyone here would say not to send the watch back to China.

tom_cat

I'm Pretty Popular
4/7/13
There should be plenty there in US but I'm sorry I'm based in Australia so :)

fabbe79

I'm Pretty Popular
18/10/15
Well almost everyone here would say not to send the watch back to China.

Did you get a reply from the dealer?at least to understand what happened since the q was good it was damaged during shipping or they stop the crono at 60 on purpose..

Inviato dal mio SM-T320 utilizzando Tapatalk

Mds2004

24/5/12
Did you get a reply from the dealer?at least to understand what happened since the q was good it was damaged during shipping or they stop the crono at 60 on purpose..

Inviato dal mio SM-T320 utilizzando Tapatalk

I sent the email to the QC email with the issues but they told me to resend to the correct email. I will let you know what they say.

Guzziguy

Horology Curious
16/10/15
I just got mine from Toro and the minute counter doesn't work. Stuck right on the 30 and doesn't move. Just sent him a video of it not moving. I'm considering sending it back to him for fixing. Why would you be reluctant to send it back to China?

peterpl

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
24/7/11
I just got mine from Toro and the minute counter doesn't work. Stuck right on the 30 and doesn't move. Just sent him a video of it not moving. I'm considering sending it back to him for fixing. Why would you be reluctant to send it back to China?

I've sent over 10 watches back to China. No Probs. Just send it back via EMS. Dunno why everyone thinks its a big issue - unless of course your in europe where customs is a pita

FredZ

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
31/8/14
Mine has had a full service, a7750 are work horses but only downside is that they're often very dirty.. This one is up for sale in sales section:

b5ba943a5761efe92cb36c184084d116.jpg

mjtimmins

Horology Curious
28/12/14
I got my 3777 before Christmas and love it. Put it on today and the seconds dial doesn't work. Given it a little whirl and worn it for a few hours and nothing has changed. I can hear the rotor moving and I've never used the chrono or changed the date until after 4.

Sound like a normal case of a7750 death to anyone else? Any recommendations? I'm in the UK so has anyone got any recommendations for watchmakers that are rep friendly in the UK?

Mirage

I'm Pretty Popular
24/1/12
Sound like a normal case of a7750 death to anyone else? Any recommendations? I'm in the UK so has anyone got any recommendations for watchmakers that are rep friendly in the UK?

Most A7750 suddent failures I have seen were caused by a loose screw jamming the movement. Either the movement holding screws or the clutch cam screw. See what happened to my Top Gun few weeks after getting it:
https://forum.replica-watch.info/vb...0-Woohoo!-Fixed-My-Top-Gun-7750-all-by-myself!

wollerau

Known Member
26/10/15
Hows the leather strap that comes with it? Typical crap or...?

Got the SS brace and bought a gen IWC leather strap, should arrive tomorrow. If anyone has a rep strap left, I'd like to buy it and post a comparison between rep, Orloff and gen! Have to say that the strap on the 5001 actually isn't that bad - of course not real leather but on first look quite impressive. But its the biggest tell..

markiemark

Bracelet King
18/4/13
EU
I'll be patiently waiting for this one:
iwc-pilots-watch-chronograph-IW377709-sihh-2016-ace-jewelers-1024x682.jpg

I like the dial layout better, it reminds me of the 3717, which I LOVE!