• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Zealand

chris9

I'm Pretty Popular
16/5/12
Only Pam I have now is H Factory 005 on a lovely, soft leather strap.

wooky492

Put Some Respect On My Name
21/9/12
I too hace been bitten by pam bug for a while and I've now successfully completed rehab. Only one pam now. H fac 417. Lovely, elegant piece.

jahaworth

Horology Curious
5/9/15
Evening from West Auckland!!
Hey I was wondering if anyone knows if there are any dealers in Auckland? Truth be told until recently I would never have dreamed of adding a replica to my small collection. 3 weeks back I took my family to the Henderson Night Markets and I obviously before eating checked out the watches. There was a guy there who had a replica Sub that was quite ho-hum but he also had a Panerai that was so well done. In fact for a week it was all I could think about so I've been back for the last few weeks to buy one but unfortunately he's not been there. Does anyone know somewhere I can go to get one locally or at least make contact to arrange to get one?
Cheers.

James

wooky492

21/9/12
Hi James, first welcome to the Forum. The longer you stay the better you'll be informed.
First, replica sales is against law in NZ. He must have been stung so probably cannot sell anymore. I'd bet you'll never see him again.
Secondly, it's likely he was selling canal street quality panerai. Panerai watches are so easy to replicate. If you saw the sub being sub-par in quality then it's likely the panerai you saw was in similar quality. Why not venture into our TD here? You can buy super quality panerai for few hundred buck which would last nearly lifetime.

jahaworth

Horology Curious
5/9/15
Hey thanks for getting back to me. I hadn't really thought about the legal side but now that you mention it it makes sense. Yeah I'll check out the trusted dealers list over the next bit and see what's on offer.
Thanks again!!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

wooky492

21/9/12
Hey thanks for getting back to me. I hadn't really thought about the legal side but now that you mention it it makes sense. Yeah I'll check out the trusted dealers list over the next bit and see what's on offer.
Thanks again!!

Hey no problem. Another thing to note, it is illegal to sell but NOT illegal to own. ;-)

Also if you ever need a service, there is an awesome watchsmith in Henderson who doesn't care replica or not. You can find him on Trademe and his name is Paul.

KCAWSEY

You're Saying I Can Sell?
27/6/13
I didn't know that it is legal to own in NZ, good to know [emoji106]

wooky492

21/9/12
I didn't know that it is legal to own in NZ, good to know [emoji106]

That is why we Kiwis do not get rep confiscated despite having the most air tight border control in the world mate. ;-)

Of course they won't say it's legal in the book, otherwise we'd look bad to outsiders. ;-p

iamsammajor

Known Member
4/4/15
hey guys just got this today :) its abt too big on my wrist but love it lol
8b5df409c4586a3ecc305c0ede369e4f.jpg

Sent from somewhere in Hobbiton

wooky492

21/9/12
By the way, i wonder how many aucklanders are members here..
We need to do NZ gtg [emoji6]

jahaworth

Horology Curious
5/9/15
hey guys just got this today :) its abt too big on my wrist but love it lol
8b5df409c4586a3ecc305c0ede369e4f.jpg

Sent from somewhere in Hobbiton
That looks great!! If you don't mind me asking, where did you get that one from?