• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New white speedmaster

themaxx25

If you fall, I will catch you, I'll be waiting...
Supporter
Patron
Certified
5/4/24
Putting this here as a reference...

Got20Mate

Hunting for the perfect Speedy rep!
Patron
Certified
20/7/22
UK
Putting this here as a reference...
This was such a nice looking piece that attracted a lot of attention, positive. So much so that it got pulled lol, I don't blame you ticktock.

Subdials being off yeah fine, but as a package with the dial, this thing looks superb.

Reactions: themaxx25

memox

Getting To Know The Place
4/6/24
Germany
Astonishing the speedy doesn't have have a proper rep. It's the most popular watch from the second most popular manufacturer. Yet perfect reps exist of Frank Mullers and other obscure watches. To say it's not popular in the domestic market also doesn't stand up to scrutiny, I just got back from China and saw 3 or 4 different local people wearing genuine speedmasters during the course of my stay.
Yeah wonders me too but actually omega is third now after cartier haha, but are there more speedys than seamasters around?

mauricio612

Respected Member
Supporter
Certified
4/12/15
Is there a rep out there that has an accurate dial color?

I ordered the RMF version but I don't like the silver color in my QC pics

hHmrhL.jpeg

Reaps

-
25/9/22
Is there a rep out there that has an accurate dial color?

I ordered the RMF version but I don't like the silver color in my QC pics

hHmrhL.jpeg
That's not the "new" Speedmaster that's the old generation. There's no red text = not the new Speedmaster

Reactions: Karbon74

Karbon74

Pika Factory - Currently in hiatus
Patron
Certified
5/5/23
EU - Kalos Region
The gen dial is lacquered with black hands and black grey indices
I have not seen a good rep yet

hwnn42

Getting To Know The Place
2/12/23
Yeah wonders me too but actually omega is third now after cartier haha, but are there more speedys than seamasters around?
I'm just repeating what more seasoned members have said more eloquently, but the long and short of it is:

the cost of decorating a movement to look like a Seamaster is nothing compared to the amount a factory would have to invest to come up with a proper custom chronograph (all the reps out there are either moded 7750 or Venus 75s, resulting in the improper subdial placement, chonkiness and reputation for breaking easily).

To make such an investment viable they'd have to charge in the 700-800 USD range, which is OK for a Daytona that goes for 30k+ in gen, not so much for a watch you can find for as little as 3k preowned gen (also, Rolex is in high demand in China which is their biggest market, the Speedy because of its association with NASA much less so, making it even less viable.)

Reactions: Reaps

Reaps

-
25/9/22
I'm just repeating what more seasoned members have said more eloquently, but the long and short of it is:

the cost of decorating a movement to look like a Seamaster is nothing compared to the amount a factory would have to invest to come up with a proper custom chronograph (all the reps out there are either moded 7750 or Venus 75s, resulting in the improper subdial placement, chonkiness and reputation for breaking easily).

To make such an investment viable they'd have to charge in the 700-800 USD range, which is OK for a Daytona that goes for 30k+ in gen, not so much for a watch you can find for as little as 3k preowned gen (also, Rolex is in high demand in China which is their biggest market, the Speedy because of its association with NASA much less so, making it even less viable.)
To add on to this : a coaxial movement is basically impossible to replicate on large scale. Only Omega has this technology.

mauricio612

Respected Member
Supporter
Certified
4/12/15

But they could make a non working chronograph with correct subdial spacing and case size

Reactions: Mercatino

BillyMadison

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
26/4/16
QCs from Chazing for what is allegedly OMF. I'm going to reject (for the first time in my life) it because the white paint fill in the bezel is terrible. I also think this is a different watch than what others have shared. Look at the indices around the 9 o'clock subdial. Do others' subdials run over the indices that go around the outside of the main dial?

themaxx25

If you fall, I will catch you, I'll be waiting...
Supporter
Patron
Certified
5/4/24
That looks similar to one that was for sale yesterday. I think it looks terrible, especially in comparison to the one I QC'd and my indices aren't accurate at 3 and 9, but not as bad.

Here's a picture from the Omega site for comparison...also look at post 27 of my QC'd pics.

Last edited:

BillyMadison

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
26/4/16
That looks similar to one that was for sale yesterday. I think it looks terrible, especially in comparison to the one I QC'd and my indices aren't accurate at 3 and 9, but not as bad.

Here's a picture from the Omega site for comparison...also look at post 27 of my QC'd pics.
Yeah, I really suspect that mine is a different watch (or at least different factory) than yours. In fairness, it matches the photos I sent the TD from another site (that listed it as OMF). The problem is that the original for sale post on here said it was an OMF, but it looked a lot more like the QC pics you shared last week. Neither of those look weird around the subdials like mine. And I noticed now, it's all of my subdials. Very weird.