• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New week wrist check 9-13/04/12

jbetts1790

27/1/12
873ecf5e.jpg

Spirit

Rolex Connoisseur
25/8/06
THAT'S a beautiful watch, mate & love the "linen" dial, too; but I have a question (education time for dave): I always thought that gen Rolexes didn't have "open" "9's" and "6's." Am I wrong?

dave

I'm no Rolex expert, but in this case apparently you're wrong since this a gen 16014 sold in 1988. :)

It´s related to vintage watches, but not "that much vintage"
Rolex stopped using the open 6 and 9 in the early 90´s (between ´90 and ´93, as I can´t be precise on that).
It´s considered that in the 90´s it was already out of production, but you could find some examples on stock at the dealers, that´s why we can´t get exact dates for the models that still could be found after that period that had open 6 and 9´s.

So, it´s just a Rolex thing...pretty much like the rehaut engraving, which started to be used in all watches prior to 2005. All the Rolex before 1990 had open 6 and 9 datewheels.

Cheers,
Spirit.

D

d4m.test

New Platty

Hi, Gang!

Wearing the new Platty I had picked up from Andrew. It's really great and love the sparkly dial; and when I compared its date window side-by-side with my gen DJ, they looked the same. Cool. dave:

NewPlatty002.jpg

NewPlatty003.jpg

NewPlatty005.jpg

D

d4m.test

Thanks... .

Thanks for the info and education, mrjohan! Appreciate it 'cause I'm not an expert, either, but I've wondered about that; I've learned in my long life that you don't learn unless you ASK questions. Still, a beautiful one; I have a rep made by jmb & just love it! Wear it well!

dave

I'm no Rolex expert, but in this case apparently you're wrong since this a gen 16014 sold in 1988. :)

gran

Known Member
16/5/06
granoatssmeshb.jpg

Brand new 49mm AT on Mesh....now that you have neever seen before?

Deadbear77

I'm Pretty Popular
7/6/11
Darth Vader points out a flaw..........

IMAG1720.jpg

It's fun pulling these out for my nephews. :lol:

Nice Q
My mother used to put nail polish on the bottom of their feet so I knew mine from my cousins.

Sent from my iPhone using my fingers

Now I see what all the fuss is about

f55ed1f8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using my fingers

rol_man

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
25/7/08
To LHOOQ, ZoSo and Royster... You guys can drive a person nuts with the Cosmos!!! Nice pics and nice watches. :thumbsup:

GBOGH

I'm Pretty Popular
24/8/10
Wednesday... PAM 104i on custom made Inspire gen croc strap

462bc3c8.jpg

a6aba1af.jpg