• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Vacheron Overseas 7900 Series coming soon from TWA factory

THXuk

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
25/3/06
London
This factory is hit or miss, but always good to see some new models coming!

No pricing known at this time, but our TD's will know soon.

7920v/210A-B334 series 7900v family models Features: Date, dual time zone, time Movement:
Replica automatic 5110DT calibre
Material: Made of 904L stainless steel, it is once again in the spotlight Size: 41mm

Video review of the original -

zinduna

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
4/7/09
That white dial looks enticing. I'll be curious to see the quality of these.

Reaps

Learning something new everyday....
25/9/22
Hopefully not the same as PZ factory

Reactions: VixLa3

fletch512

9/5/06
That's interesting. I'm pretty sure those pictures are gen, not the rep. But the reddit videos look decent, particularly for the whit/silver dial version. The blue color actually looks okay, but it's hard to see details at that resolution and lighting (for example, there's supposed to be a ring around the minute markers that I'm not seeing on the blue rep).

Also it seems like they're shipping different straps, which is good. For me, the steel bracelets on Overseas models have felt light and cheap. The angles on this GRF rep steel bracelet look too rounded, but the rubber strap looks okay. If the quick change bracelet function is 1:1, I'd buy the gen alligator strap.

The gen is 12 mm thick. This rep seems thicker, but not bad. I don't know which movement this is, but if the dual time and power reserve work, the silver dial might be a winner.

fletch512

9/5/06
The gen is 12 mm thick. This rep seems thicker, but not bad. I don't know which movement this is, but if the dual time and power reserve work, the silver dial might be a winner.
I meant to say the am/pm, not power reserve.

fletch512

9/5/06
The reddit videos are of GF watches not TWA. Our TDs stock the TWA factory 7900 series: https://www.theonewatches.ws/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=8254&search=7900 . Thickness at 14mm is okay - 1.2mm thicker than gen but according to Steve's site, the case is 44mm as opposed to 41mm for gen. Maybe a typo?
Except that's not the 7900 series. The TWA model you've linked is actually the Vacheron 47450.

So we have the original post, which mentions TWA 7920, but the pictures are most definitely gen.

Then we have Reddit pictures & videos of a recent GRF release, which doesn't look half bad (if everything is functional).

And the we have theonewatches TWA Vacheron 47450, which is the wrong thickness, wrong diameter, wrong subdial spacing, and as far as I can tell comes in a white dial that doesn't exist in real life (the gen has a textured triangle pattern on the white dial).

Very confusing.