• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New UPO, still f*cked up dial?

rytox

Horology Curious
20/12/09
Hey everyone!

Yesterday I got the first pictures of my new watch from PT.
I thought they replaced the wrong dial on the orange number ones already..
The pics on PTs site showed the correct UPO dials. Any ideas?

img00071201001091554.jpg

mw1015

Renowned Member
26/1/09
whats wrong with the dial? the omega logo? i think thats still a flaw in the UPO's

alvinado

Watch Nerd
Advisor
27/8/08
Asia
yes, what is wrong wit thedial, can you post a picture they posted and also this side by side?

rangers158

Known Member
12/4/06
The "text" above the 6 is too low. Thats the problem with the new UPO dials.

takeo

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/9/09
Hmm... I thought the orange numbered dials were supposed to be fine... that's not good.

rytox

Horology Curious
20/12/09
Sorry for the late answer, I was just driving back from holidays.
Jep, it's the text too close to the six.. I also thought they fixed that for the orange numbered version, that was one reason I ordered it..

I asked PT if the dial is correct, like on his pictures:
http://ptswiss.com/product_info.php?products_id=167
UltimatePO2006j.jpg

What should I do? Any ideas?

journeyman68

Horology Curious
8/9/09
The 600m/2000ft text is also too short. It should be the same width as the 'chronometer' text above it.
I got a PO recently, not a UPO and the orange numbers are driving me nuts as they are too skinny and the orange colour is much duller than the original.

rytox

Horology Curious
20/12/09
Isn't the dealer responsible for such issues? Tat Almost-UPO is not the UPO I ordered.. I wrote an email to PT asking if he has another dial for me and now I'm waiting for his reply.

fakemaster

Mythical Poster
31/5/07
Well he can't control what he doesn't see. If he sends another dial that would certainly be a kind gesture.

rytox

Horology Curious
20/12/09
Well he can't control what he doesn't see.
Hmm.. what exactly do you mean by that?
He's the dealer and should know what he sells?!

If he sends another dial that would certainly be a kind gesture.
I see your point by calling it "a kind gesture" but I would rather call it a necissity, I mean I ordered a grade 1 rep and paid for it..

fakemaster

Mythical Poster
31/5/07
Since it's been done 1000 times there's no point in rehashing how rep dealers work. You can do a search on that. On that note. The dial issue has been well documented. The suppliers, not the dealers, the 'suppliers' made thousands of these in the last run. And wrong or not they certainly aren't going to toss them. They are going to be used until they are gone. To think they won't is naive. And the dealers can't control that. So if he is willing to hunt down a better one for you it is in fact a kind gesture.

rytox

Horology Curious
20/12/09
The dial issue has been well documented.
Have you got a link to the "dial issue discussion" for me? I indeed used the board-search before starting this post.

And the dealers can't control that. So if he is willing to hunt down a better one for you it is in fact a kind gesture.
No, but they should update their webshop more frequently!
But I again see your point and agree..

Hopefully PT has some spare time for kind gestures then. :skeptical:

mw1015

Renowned Member
26/1/09
i thought PT sends photos of the watches before he sends them out to customers?

rytox

Horology Curious
20/12/09
Yeah, I haven't received the watch yet, I only got the photo from PT, saw the wrong dial and asked here what I should do best..

mw1015

Renowned Member
26/1/09
oh so he hasn't shipped it yet?

then tell him that the dial is not the one you wanted and ask him if he can source the correct one for you.

rytox

Horology Curious
20/12/09
Yeah, that's exactly what I did so I'm waiting for his reply. I'm sure we'll figure something out..

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
The watch he got for you is not the same as the pic on his site therefor there is a problem. If he can't find you the dial you ordered I'd ask for a refund personaly. If that is what he is supplying he also needs to change the pic on his website ASAP. Thank's for pointing this out. Please keep us informed of what happens.

Col.

andy66

Known Member
21/10/09
+1 col.
We were talking about it before and the subject of changing the dial came up but at the end of the day the watch should be as the pic....
PT is one of the dealers with a 100% record so im sure it will be sorted.

takeo

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/9/09
I don't think any of the trusted dealers have updated the UPO photos.