• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Ultra-thin 15202PT with green dial. Thoughts?

P..DR..D

KING OF LINKS
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
I wouldn't say that, see how's difficult to rep the Hulk dial (sunburst effect), not a single factory can get it right even after X years and tries.

Ah dammit, I'll live in hope so, 2021 could be the year :eek:hwell:

P..DR..D

KING OF LINKS
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
For the Hulk? if yes, go with a gen dial or accept the flaws as I do :D

Exactly, the two rolex I like, are the hulk & kermit, each of course with their own imperfections versus Gen, depending on the owners level of OCD.

I myself, have it set firmly at a pure enjoyment level & am all for the rep side of things, as means ya can just buy the next version without breaking the bank
:cheers:

Reactions: SHB

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Exactly, the two rolex I like, are the hulk & kermit, each of course with their own imperfections versus Gen, depending on the owners level of OCD.

I myself, have it set firmly at a pure enjoyment level & am all for the rep side of things, as means ya can just buy the next version without breaking the bank
:cheers:

For those who see and cannot tolerate imperfections, like myself, going gen is the only real choice. It beats waiting for, and getting again disappointed by the next iteration.
Taking the easy way out I know lol, but its arguably better than waiting for something which may never manifest.

Reactions: Allure and P..DR..D

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
You are comparing a royal oak and a modern submariner euhhhhhhh??????? ....

As much I like the Royal Oak for the looks and history (I will wear it before anything else also), the Submariner is a mile ahead in terms of customer loyalty, brand appeal and sales. And frankly (and strictly for me), if anyone made a watch that didn’t appeal to the common masses, it’s a failure. A watch is best enjoyed by people walking around on their wrists, not in history museums and collector vaults.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
As much I like the Royal Oak for the looks and history (I will wear it before anything else also), the Submariner is a mile ahead in terms of customer loyalty, brand appeal and sales. And frankly (and strictly for me), if anyone made a watch that didn’t appeal to the common masses, it’s a failure. A watch is best enjoyed by people walking around on their wrists, not in history museums and collector vaults.

Oh dear S. A lot of my watches are unworn in my collection and failures oh no :hehehe:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Allure

srhoque

28/11/18
Oh dear S. A lot of my watches are unworn in my collection and failures oh no :hehehe:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It emotionally connected with you...so that way a success LOL.

Reactions: legend

Erinoush

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
10/7/19
UAE / EUROPE

you're right, nothing compare with Rolex in term of mass market and brand appeal, but my comment was more in the way that comparing a tool watch with a jewel it is not the same use and segment of price as well....

Reactions: srhoque

N0tail_

1/6/17

The common G-Shock is also a mile ahead of Rolex in terms of customer loyalty, brand appeal and sales. Are we cherry picking facts now in order to substantiate our bewildering and biased opinions?

Since your opinions don't appeal to the common masses here, I guess you're a failure too.

P..DR..D

KING OF LINKS
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
The common G-Shock is also a mile ahead of Rolex in terms of customer loyalty, brand appeal and sales. Are we cherry picking facts now in order to substantiate our bewildering and biased opinions?

Since your opinions don't appeal to the common masses here, I guess you're a failure too.

Would the humble Swatch beat the common G-Shock in terms of pure numbers :D

Came across this recently & while it may not be 100% accurate or fully up to date, certainly worth a mention given the context.
Z4Mock.jpg

Last edited:

KOT1917

26/7/19
Russian federation
I think there is a specificity of lighting, which makes the gradient a little ridiculous, turning into black, while the edge borders on the lightest area - the bezel.
I don’t think it’s going to be perceived that way in real life, and on most gradient dials, it’s almost always beautiful, and I don’t think AP will do it badly.
I really love the green color of the dial itself in different variations, and I am glad that this watch also has such an option.
The only thing, I agree with one of the opinions, is that the fact that it is flat makes it weak in relation to its neighbor models, although I am sure will should at least look at the video.

It seems to me that all negative emotions are born primarily from the fact that this is not habit, and a habit is a matter of time. I am sure that most people like the hulk color, solely because it is a rolex color, no more no less.
As for the choice of shade, if it is sufficiently "emerald", I have no doubt that the AP finish will make you fall in love with it as you get used to it. It's not salmon, after all.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.

Thats not a nice thing to say, and it is personal against srhoque who just gave his opinion like many of us have.
It is very difficult to have a totally neutral opinion, given that our experiences, perspectives and knowledge are all different.
There is no problem with disagreements, it happens all the time here lol but you shouldn't attack him in a personal way.

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
You already disqualified yourself from any discussion on this topic by naming a model instead of a manufacturer to compare it to another manufacturer. Try again next time, this one failed horrendously.

Read above if you really want to know who the failure is. Hint: it's not srhoque

N0tail_

1/6/17
Thats not a nice thing to say, and it is personal against srhoque who just gave his opinion like many of us have.

It is very difficult to have a totally neutral opinion, given that our experiences, perspectives and knowledge are all different.

There is no problem with disagreements, it happens all the time here lol but you shouldn't attack him in a personal way.

You already disqualified yourself from any discussion on this topic by naming a model instead of a manufacturer to compare it to another manufacturer. Try again next time, this one failed horrendously.

You both are correct in calling me out and I do not have any valid justification or what I said. My comment stemmed from other unrelated matters and unfortunately I made the mistake of channeling that into my post above.

I sincerely apologise to srhoque for what I said.

I will exclude myself from any further debate in this thread.

P..DR..D

KING OF LINKS
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
You both are correct in calling me out and I do not have any valid justification or what I said. My comment stemmed from other unrelated matters and unfortunately I made the mistake of channeling that into my post above.

Fair play!

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.

I wasn't calling you out per se. We have exchanged PMs and I know what you are like B. I was referring only to that specific post you made against srhoque and nothing more sir. Lets relax a little.

Horace Derwent

Known Member
17/6/10
Would the humble Swatch beat the common G-Shock in terms of pure numbers :D

Came across this recently & while it may not be 100% accurate or fully up to date, certainly worth a mention given the context.
Z4Mock.jpg
Where did you find that awesome spreadsheet ?

Very interesting.

So, the 3rd Player in CHF revenue is Cartier,good to know !

Last edited: