• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New TC LV

rsh

Put Some Respect On My Name
3/4/10
dial looks fantastic, overall excellent

Deeje

Renowned Member
28/3/14
almost looks as if the crystal isn't there. so clear and purdy. Looks great.

droptopman

I'm Pretty Popular
17/2/14
Very nice. Man that dial looks good. New LN insert looks great too. I am still waiting for mine. I sourced a gen LV insert and gen crown just need to source an AR crystal and need the watch to put them on...thanks for the pics.

Sent from my droptop using telepathy.

Curt941

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
26/1/11
I'll pop in an LV insert tomorrow and get a full frontal shot of the date. Magnification seems to be really good to my eyes.

A couple of things to note:

1) The bezel is extremely tight. Right now I have it on with just the click spring, no friction washer. When I tried to fit just the bezel on the crystal retainer without even the click spring, it was very tough to rotate back and forth. Also, pressing the insert in was EXTREMELY tough. Both the TC new insert and a gen one I have. I'm not sure if that's part of the same problem as the stiffness to rotate, if the overall dimensions of the bezel are just slightly smaller or what.

2) I tried fitting a V3 bracelet, and the end links were VERY high on the case, like even with the tops of the lugs. So even though the v3 bracelet might be the "best", it wasn't the best on this case IMHO. What's on their now is the V5 93250 it came with.

rsh

Put Some Respect On My Name
3/4/10
It is kind of weird the v3 would not sit well in the lugs......unless the cases were recently changed a bit

as for the tight bezel, that cab be due to several issues, retainer pressed too tight against case(unlikely), pressed uneven (different size gap all around), mismatch of bezel to retainer, dirt on the parts. clean the metal parts well with alcohol wipes. Get under the bezel edge and make sure there is no gunk there. is the bezel spin the same with or without the insert being in ?

Curt941

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
26/1/11
When I pop the bezel off for the insert swap, I'll clean it really well. It was tight with or without the insert. And I've tried two different inserts so far.

And as for the bracelet, yeah, I was surprised.

Mike116

I'm Pretty Popular
20/11/12
Back of beyond
Curt, is that AR on your date mag mate ? Your photos look great but the cyclops seems to have a blue tinge

Ac1013

Renowned Member
Certified
23/3/13
Like I said before. The case is poor made. So v3 wouldn't match with it.
the lugs are also fatter

Curt941

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
26/1/11
Some comparison shots next to my super franken 16610 LV which is now sold and shipping out soon

I have to say, for $620 from TC, this thing looks DAMN good next to a Franken that's got gen dial, hands, date wheel, etc in a sean case. Gen dial alone costs more than the entire TC LV.

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
Nice. You happy with the TC hands compared to the gen hands on your franken? From the pics the TC hands look quite good....but I am really particular about 3d effect gen style hands.

droptopman

I'm Pretty Popular
17/2/14
That Franken with the blue bezel is stunning. Beautiful build man love that insert on there. Both look great.

droptopman

I'm Pretty Popular
17/2/14
Oops guess I should have known that.

Curt941

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
26/1/11
New bracelet on the left. V3 on the right

V3 on the new watch

Rudy40

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
6/10/12
Guys I don't know if you see the same thing I do?... But I see it plan as day! These cases has subtle differences vs the V6 case?
I sent a email to him the other day asking about these new LV cases and the crystals on them?
Here is what I see!
Rehault thicker deeper than the V6 cases !
The CG's are a tad different!
The crystals are defiantly different
The lugs even appear a tad different?
Are these bad changes IMO no I like the deeper rehault .. The CGs look good as always! Crystals look amazing as if there is a touch of AR involved?
And the dial looks awesome!
The V3 bracelets besides the clasp!
Has always been the best fitting bracelets on TC cases! So it showing a little different fit... Tells me the case has defiantly been altered ... For the good?... I think so! Especially the rehault! Love that deep rehault!
Curt the blue gen insert looks awesome bro! I would rock the shat out of that! Congrats! Looks great!

Sent from my Rolex thinking brain!