• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Tag Heuer Skipper Leaked!

Onepickledginger

Gone Gin
Patron
Certified
9/8/20

mclarendude

Legendary Member
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
16/2/11
ATL
Just got the Hodinkee email. What a great release.

Onepickledginger

Gone Gin
Patron
Certified
9/8/20
Just got the Hodinkee email. What a great release.
Yep. I think Fratello errantly posted their article at 1pm EST before the embargo lifted. My only qualms are the date window and "Tag" branding, but I love the "Skipper" detail on the 9 register and the orange tipped hands.

mclarendude

Legendary Member
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
16/2/11
ATL
Yep. I think Fratello errantly posted their article at 1pm EST before the embargo lifted. My only qualms are the date window and "Tag" branding, but I love the "Skipper" detail on the 9 register and the orange tipped hands.
I used to fight the TAG branding but... that I guess the one thing that won't change lol

CentralCal

Brig Survivor, October 2023, Never Forget ✊
Gold Patron
Certified
4/6/13
I have always been an unapologetic TAG fanboi, and they've really got some steam behind them right now so I'm pretty excited!

GMT+9Tokyo

Getting To Know The Place
14/1/20
Germany
Tag really is coming back to life lately. What's your opinion on the price? It could be a bit lower imo.

Onepickledginger

Gone Gin
Patron
Certified
9/8/20
Tag really is coming back to life lately. What's your opinion on the price? It could be a bit lower imo.
Price looks correct. The Skipper has an in house movement and is priced in the same range as the Tudor Chronograph, but well below the Speedy, Breitling B01, etc.

Reactions: shinynewbling25

shinynewbling25

aprilia
29/1/15
Where your daughter is
Just watched the time and tide video and this is a really nice looking watch. I like the 6 o clock register because it's not really visible but it has added functionality. Also really like that curved crystal and curvy part of the dial. Very interesting. Different and aesthetically pleasing. Tag branding? The little text strip above Heuer? Tag Heuer is all I've known. People at about 50 yrs old don't know Heuer so might be time to cut the branding some slack I'm thinking and that little strip isn't that distracting. I'm really liking this release. Great sizing. Strong Carrera dial design and fresh colors that make me feel like being on a boat. All with a great movement. To me the price seems more than fair. I need to try to go see this in person.

H1GTjk.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: eddieo

Fisherman1980

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
Certified
18/9/21
Nice I'm a fan of the vintage tag or vintage looking tag. The new ones are just blehhh to me now

ThymePeace

Getting To Know The Place
18/8/23
Looks like A8F made a rep? 42mm vs 39 and the bezel is a bit off (among other differences), but I love this watch in gen and for $150 it might be worth checking out 😂

Reactions: CentralCal

aHero

Watch Bro
Supporter
Certified
27/5/22
3mm is a significant difference for my wrist. I wish someone would do the glass box black dial. Even if it comes in a mecha quartz.

Edit: 16mm thick is the deal breaker for me!

Last edited:
Reactions: ThymePeace