• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Strap Arrived for Bronzo

Gitteeup

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Gold Patron
Certified
7/6/24
CONUS
Hi All,
While awaiting my PAM 382, I ordered a bronze buckle and strap. Thinking this is going to be a good lookđź‘Ť

The strap is a lighter shade but like the weathered feel for this watch. Not too matchy

Reaps

-
25/9/22
I've never had good luck with canvas straps. I had a few made by Micah and they eventually looks like they are falling apart. Hope yours holds up better
The only canvas strap that has held for me is the dual ones, the underside is rubber stitched to a top of canvas. Otherwise they've all been wrecked within 1 year of wearing.

kilowattore

Sales Moderator / Section Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Section Moderator
Certified
11/5/13
Italy
I have one from Gunny, canvas stitched over leather, that's holding pretty well though leather parts is a bit thick and still not as soft as I'd wish after a few years

Reactions: Gitteeup

Plaasbaas

IWC-hoarder and PAM-hunter
Supporter
Certified
4/4/21
Germany
I've never had good luck with canvas straps. I had a few made by Micah and they eventually looks like they are falling apart. Hope yours holds up better

Never had that problem, but then again mine are in a rotation of many and I only wear them in a Sunday afternoon kinda environment. That is probably why they all look like on day one.

Bosphorus straps and Sword straps are amongst my favourites, but there are many others.

For heavy duty and potentially sweaty physical work situations I always wear something with metal or rubber. Or no watch at all.

h3mgcF.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: kilowattore

Woundup

YNWA
Patron
Certified
9/12/18
The best canvas straps have rolled tips - which is an extremely difficult process to complete properly. Most makers will cut and glue the tip which will eventually fail with lots of wear (in my experience). One of the best that I have found is Sornsan - who creates perfect rolled tips.

Dr. Phil also makes a very nice canvas strap (cut & glued) at reasonable prices.

My favorite canvas of all time is by Mustang - unfortunately no longer around. Note the rolled tip...

Last edited:
Reactions: Gitteeup

Gitteeup

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Gold Patron
Certified
7/6/24
CONUS
Great info gents. Thanks for the comments. More shopping to do. Will it ever end? Haha

Last edited: