• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

new Rolex GMT II Ceramic Rep...

Jake48

Renowned Member
17/3/06
FOR CRY'N OUT LOUD -DO I HAVE TO POINT OUT THE OBVIUOS?

Four pages of people claiming the Rep is sooooooo wrong - this is waaaaaaaaaaaay off and that is so baaaaaad...

WHO HERE HAS HELD THE REP IN THEIR HAND?

NO ONE! I DIDN'T THINK SO.....

If there is anything I would have thought some of you guys should have learned by now it is that the pictures of a Rep, especially of a Rep yet to be released, RARELY ever end up being true to the reality of the final watch that is produced.

I, for one, would hold off making claims like "I knew they were going to get it all wrong" before I actually held the Rep in my hands.

I can say this for sure, though, IF the picture is anything like the final watch, we sure have come a long way and the watch looks like it is going to be a good one...

UPDATE - Contacted my supplier - he will have one for me in three weeks - I will post pictures. Hopefully I can borrow my friends Gen for a side by side...

hk45ca

Legendary Member
Advisor
17/3/06
Jake48 said:
FOR CRY'N OUT LOUD -DO I HAVE TO POINT OUT THE OBVIUOS?

Four pages of people claiming the Rep is sooooooo wrong - this is waaaaaaaaaaaay off and that is so baaaaaad...

WHO HERE HAS HELD THE REP IN THEIR HAND?

NO ONE! I DIDN'T THINK SO.....

If there is anything I would have thought some of you guys should have learned by now it is that the pictures of a Rep, especially of a Rep yet to be released, RARELY ever end up being true to the reality of the final watch that is produced.

I, for one, would hold off making claims like "I knew they were going to get it all wrong" before I actually held the Rep in my hands.

I can say this for sure, though, IF the picture is anything like the final watch, we sure have come a long way and the watch looks like it is going to be a good one...

UPDATE - Contacted my supplier - he will have one for me in three weeks - I will post pictures. Hopefully I can borrow my friends Gen for a side by side...

the things i pointed out i can see in the pictures, i don't need to hold it in my hands to see it, i am holding the gen in my hands. there are other suspicions i have and i would like to have it in hand before i go into that but if it good enough for you then i hope you are happy with it. that is all that matters.

i also forgot to mention earlier the oval at the bottom of the rolex cornet on the dial is also too rounded. someone will need to try to install angus's metal insert version dial in this one because the hour markers are much better.

Klink

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
15/3/06
hk45ca

rolex wis

no doubt..

perfection one thing

somewhat close another..

lol

Jake48

Renowned Member
17/3/06
hk45ca said:
the things i pointed out i can see in the pictures, i don't need to hold it in my hands to see it, i am holding the gen in my hands. there are other suspicions i have and i would like to have it in hand before i go into that but if it good enough for you then i hope you are happy with it. that is all that matters.

i also forgot to mention earlier the oval at the bottom of the rolex cornet on the dial is also too rounded. someone will need to try to install angus's metal insert version dial in this one because the hour markers are much better.

Hk - My point is and some consideration should be given to the fact that you are making these judgments:
1. Based on PICTURES
2. No one knows for sure if the watch that is sold will be identical to the one pictured.

You don't have to go back that far to the last Rolex Rep that was hyped - the SSD. As I remember it there were numerous pictures floating around before the watch came out - People were picking the watch (pictures of the watch) apart-
crown is off center, rehaut is too conical, crystal beveled wrong, dial is off, case back is wrong, pearl is bad, CG's were off etc. The watch came out and it was completely different from the first pictures - imagine that!

People calmed down and began to realize, sure it wasn't perfect, but it was a d@mn good watch and probably one of the best to date.

Then SSD 2 came - it was even different from the first one and had a more accurate looking bezel.

The bottom line is that time and time again, going from Rep board to Rep board, I see people lay claim to being self professed experts at spotting the flaws and most have never even held the Rep, let alone the Gen in their hand

I just find it intersting that this thread has gone on five pages now and for the most part, people have declared a watch that no one has actually seen DOA

Don't you think there is some value in holding off a little before passing such absolute judgments?

Klink

Banned
15/3/06
imagine that!

so maybe we need see real deal rep before judge

pictures?

interesting concep..

like last time with different watch??

guess is habit of sellers, put up any picture with sales in mind

then send better version to costumer

who proudly then shows new part of costume..

interesting, hopeful works out that way this time like before with that other thing!

:D

do not trust guys, an do not trust pictures..

unless they of watch in some body hand!

hk45ca

Legendary Member
Advisor
17/3/06
well, pictures are what is being used to sell it to the perspective customers so it is all we have to go by. like i said twice before if somebody/anybody will send me one i will do a review on it sitting next to my gen and we will all see exactly just how 1 to 1 it really is, then i will send it on to it's owner. that is the best i can do, until then all i can do is look at the pictures we are provided and compare them to mine or any other pictures there are of the gen.

Klink

Banned
15/3/06
Mr. BillVest is right on money, no doubt!