• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New ride, New Watch - Help me pick

Armcandy

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
19/12/15
CONUS
I am potentially getting a new job at the end of the month that comes with a nice raise. What am i going to do with that money you ask? Blow it on shit I dont need.

I am going to pick up a slightly used Lava colored BMW M5 and would like to pair it with a nice rep for the 150 mile maiden voyage home. New car, new watch, life doesn't get much better.

Can any of you rep connoisseurs recommend a watch that would be a nice pairing? My mind immidiately went to a sports watch, such as the schumi or perhaps even a nice elegant big bang skeleton tourby. I prefer watches 44mm or larger.

That is assuming i get the role, if not ill be back cruising Ali, dreaming about what might have been.

Hooster

Known Member
16/6/10
BMW M5? Are you sure? Is that a reliable car? Sorry to rain on your parade, but a car like that may be very expensive to maintain.

Armcandy

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
19/12/15
CONUS
Yep, it still has some warranty left. Going to dump it when the warranty expires. Good looking out tho.

hurk

The sound of barf
Supporter
Certified
10/5/11
Life could get better.
New m5 and a gen.

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
I am going to pick up a slightly used Lava colored BMW M5 and would like to pair it with a nice rep for the 150 mile maiden voyage home. New car, new watch, life doesn't get much better.

Yes it does. Spend it on blow and hookers.

Muhammad

10/5/16
According to my analysis we are close to a precipice of another economical slum, save the cash is what I'd say, besides cars are just a liability...... ask anyone who knows finance.

Sent from the RWI mobile app

WatchKnob

SUPPORTING VENDOR
Supporting Vendor
10/6/13
USA
AP is way beyond an M5. more of a rolex for that level.
I had a black m5 and red/red m6

D

d4m.test

There´s nothing like an All-American V8 muscle sedan:) For mileage&reliability a 535d will do;

JLC Diver
Omega Constellation
AP Diver or other, good choice imo
as You mention lava-red:
a rosegold or stainless RM would be the exotic choice

bagin77

23/3/16
since you're looking in the more wrist-present-range, my suggestions (with somewhat of a color-match in mind):

- AP ROO Volcano (on SS bracelet)
- IWC Big Pilot, either the Le Petit Prince in Rose Gold, or the Saint-Exupéry
- Linde Werdelin Spidolite in Rose Gold, if that's your thing

That's at least what I'd opt for.

You mind me asking what the Sakhir Orange beast looks like inside colorwise?

Berndstein

14/8/16
Wiesbaden, Germany
I always wonder why anyone in the US would ever buy ANY M model [emoji23]
You know ... with speed limit of like 75 mph. I LOVE my Autobahn ... driving a VW Golf R only though [emoji51][emoji16][emoji106]

Sc1989

Known Member
30/4/15
You can buy my cts-v coupe. I'll probably get bored with it in the next few months.

Or get a UGR TT R8 or TT Gallardo if you want to be practical.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sc1989

Known Member
30/4/15
I always wonder why anyone in the US would ever buy ANY M model [emoji23]
You know ... with speed limit of like 75 mph. I LOVE my Autobahn ... driving a VW Golf R only though [emoji51][emoji16][emoji106]

Ive allegedly hit 184. My car hits 191 stock, and she isn't stock anymore. We buy them because we're Americans and we want everything.

Lindt

Renowned Member
9/4/15
Slovenia
Buy Audi S8 V10 instead. I had it, top notch car and reliable car.