• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New release of 15706 15707 ? IPF

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Need to see the actual product pics. And hopefully they can use a 2836 movement as opposed to the 2824 one.

P.S. I’ve edited your post to say “forged carbon” which is the correct term.

Reactions: Allure and tongsui

centrum

27/7/14
Hi Tongsui! Good to see you on RWI.

Thanks for sharing. I wonder how these stack up against those from XF and JF. I need to get my hands on those exotic material ROO from JF or XF asap. Hope there's some stock left.

Last edited:
Reactions: tongsui

tongsui

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
14/5/14
Hi Tongsui! Good to see you on RWI.

Thanks for sharing. I wonder how these stack up against those from XF and JF. I need to get my hands on those exotic material ROO from JF or XF asap. Hope there's some stock left.
Hey mate ! Same here .

Not sure at this stage , will share once I get to see some real photos !

Finger crossed they are producing something close to xf quality .

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
OK, saw some actual photo updates from one of my contact

Tbh ,abit disappointed, hands too fat ? Looks wrong .

The hands per se are not too fat. The lines on the hour hand is a little too thick. Thus far, only the noob fc diver and xf diver got the hour hand line thickness correct.

I don’t think there is a need to be (newly) disappointed. JF had released a very similar looking diver a few years back. These rep APs are always toys and for this price I think it’s a decent effort. If you want 1:1 it’s always best, when it comes to this brand, to save and shell out for gen. I’ve stated many times that AP ownership is a lot more than accuracy of watch details. It’s the entire package of the wearer + the watch. I’m sure you can pull it off if you have the confidence and flair. And if you’re the type who need to convince yourself that the watch is legit looking it won’t hurt to source for an hour hand with the correct lume separator thickness.

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
@legend question: could the hands of a e.g. 2824/36 xf diver be installed on a 3120 clone movement?
I anticipate your objection : why would you want to do that in the first place just lowbeat the 2836.. Yeah but pour parler.. Or like we say in local vernacular "say sample" 🤣

tongsui

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
14/5/14
Thanks for sharing your input !

My disappointment is more towards that it might not be produced by xf or jf as they started off with fatter hands .

Will probably order one and compare with my xf V3 😁

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
@legend question: could the hands of a e.g. 2824/36 xf diver be installed on a 3120 clone movement?
I anticipate your objection : why would you want to do that in the first place just lowbeat the 2836.. Yeah but pour parler.. Or like we say in local vernacular "say sample" 🤣
Yes the hands on the XF diver can be modded to fit the 3120 clone movement.

Last edited:
Reactions: Allure

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Thanks for sharing your input !

My disappointment is more towards that it might not be produced by xf or jf as they started off with fatter hands .

Will probably order one and compare with my xf V3 😁
Once again, the hands are not fatter like I’ve explained above. They are the exact same width.

Reactions: Allure and tongsui

tongsui

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
14/5/14
Once again, the hands are not fatter like I’ve explained above. They are the exact same width.
Thanks for correcting , keep on referring to fat hands , thicker intermediate lines it is

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Hi @legend, what are your thoughts on this ipf 15707?
Firstly that’s an 15706AU and the hour hand is a big fail. No excuse for them to get this wrong after so many iterations of the 15706 reps. The cyclop and date font also look off to me.
Remember though this is just my opinion. I wouldn’t touch this FC diver myself personally.

Reactions: Allure