• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New release: Aqua Terra with 8400 clone movement

Razorig2

8/6/18
London
Hoping for that blue gen vs rep comparison. All the previous reps have been off in colour and sunburst effect.

vcappp

I'm Pretty Popular
20/6/18
Here’s a good general guide on reading timegrapher results:

https://rwg.cc/topic/143934-how-to-r...apher-results/

Also keep in mind, that the timegrapher results that you receive, aren’t necessarily a true indication of how the watch will perform on the wrist - they’re still useful though to rule out a bad one.

Thanks very much for the useful link. Do you think the Balance Wheel Amplitude: 236 degree is too low? Would you accept this rep with AMP 236 degree? or Will you reject it even if the other factors are good and the problem is only the 236 degree amplitude? (the 236 degree is lower than the acceptable range 250-270 degree according to the link). Anyone opinion please?

Last edited:

merowinger

I'm Pretty Popular
10/7/13
Switzerland
I would like to see two gen pics side by side and see the differences in screen resolution an magnification...all the comparison between gen and rep are pictures taken from different lighting conditions and resolution and will show up with differences which is natural.

Just look at chrono24 for difference in the same watches!
I agree. But in this case, the yellow is really a tad brighter. I saw many different pics and videos. Anyway, it's negligible.

imranbecks

I'm Pretty Popular
17/11/15
The Neutral Zone
Hoping for that blue gen vs rep comparison. All the previous reps have been off in colour and sunburst effect.

After seeing the video of the blue rep repeatedly and having the gen in hand, I must say that they got the blue colour on the rep right this time. Its spot on. Even the teak pattern looks perfect and not too deep like on the previous reps.

Razorig2

8/6/18
London
Where can I find this video?????
​​​​​​
I might sell my 38.5mm Blue dial to fund this new version.

Razorig2

8/6/18
London
Thanks for the video links, after analysing the video it seems the blue is still off. It's got a really dark blackish, blue/purple hue to it.
The gen has a blue and slight green hue to it in different lighting conditions. I guess we will need to see side by side comparisons.

Couldn't really tell in the video if the indices have the sloping down design like the gen. Need some lume shots too.

However everything else seems to be spot on, from teak style, sunburst effect, movement, hands, date, logo text, date wheel/window, overall finishing.

phdsjain

I'm Pretty Popular
6/3/14
After seeing the video of the blue rep repeatedly and having the gen in hand, I must say that they got the blue colour on the rep right this time. Its spot on. Even the teak pattern looks perfect and not too deep like on the previous reps.

Are you based in CONUS?

imranbecks

I'm Pretty Popular
17/11/15
The Neutral Zone
Thanks for the video links, after analysing the video it seems the blue is still off. It's got a really dark blackish, blue/purple hue to it.
The gen has a blue and slight green hue to it in different lighting conditions. I guess we will need to see side by side comparisons.

Couldn't really tell in the video if the indices have the sloping down design like the gen. Need some lume shots too.

However everything else seems to be spot on, from teak style, sunburst effect, movement, hands, date, logo text, date wheel/window, overall finishing.

Green hue? I have yet to see any green hue on my gen AT....

Thatwatchguy

Supporter
Supporter
Certified
9/7/17
Just about to pull the trigger on the white dial and am looking to get a gen brown leather strap as well, not sure if the gen clasp is worth it though - how good is the rep one?

imranbecks

I'm Pretty Popular
17/11/15
The Neutral Zone

Here is another video I just did of my gen blue AT. I still don't see any green hue that you mentioned. I've had the watch for over a year now so I would definitely notice if there was a green hue anywhere on the watch. It's all blue... Navy blue perhaps with a nice sunburst to it. The rep got it really really close imo. It's gonna be very difficult now to tell them apart.

Video of my gen blue Aqua Terra >>> https://youtu.be/lRHuhW14Yes

Last edited:

Chemicalz

Renowned Member
27/2/15
Here is another video I just did of my gen blue AT. I still don't see any green hue that you mentioned. I've had the watch for over a year now so I would definitely notice if there was a green hue anywhere on the watch. It's all blue... Navy blue perhaps with a nice sunburst to it. The rep got it really really close imo. It's gonna be very difficult now to tell them apart.

Video of my gen blue Aqua Terra >>> https://youtu.be/lRHuhW14Yes

Yours is light blue, quite has a grey shade, the rep blue is still too dark

Reactions: Razorig2

Matty369

Supporter
Certified
24/8/16
EU
Yours is light blue, quite has a grey shade, the rep blue is still too dark

When someone makes side to side comparison then we can talk about it, until then I wouldn't judge anything based on pictures or videos from TDs.
As you can see in this thread, my rep AT is pretty close to gen regarding dial color, and it's an older rep.

Reactions: ssouthall6

vcappp

I'm Pretty Popular
20/6/18
Gen is 13.2 thickness. AT wears big - see if you can try a gen before you order.

some Q.C. video shows that this new VSF version has 13.3mm thickness. Gen is 13.2mm on the spec

vcappp

I'm Pretty Popular
20/6/18
I’m genuinely interested in this watch. I’ve never tried one on, 41.5 and 13.5 is a little big but not bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gen 41.5mm and 13.2mm. this VSF 41.5mm and 13.3mm

vcappp

I'm Pretty Popular
20/6/18
Who cares about some small numbers on the backside/bracelet that nobody can see, unless you want to sell it as a gen.
I'm gonna wait, maybe they will release even more colours...(bi-colour with brown dial please), but the 15'000 gauss is tempting... and a fair price too.

I visited to Omega store to check the engravings on the clasp. JJF ad 62 is fine. one Gen AT has HJF and 11 the other Gen AT has JDD and 62. Some Gen At has only 62 not such JDD thing. so it is all different depending on the time that produced.