• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

NEW RELEASE: A8605 clone Aqua Terra

jttou

I'm Pretty Popular
9/11/14
Have the white regular AT in 41mm and sold my blue dial AT GMT which apparently was 41mm instead of 43mm. If you don't care about getting called out (no one ever cared for my reps/gens and I doubt that others experience anything different) I'd say go for the current 41mm GMT, I will buy one as long they are still out. 43mm will be just too big imho, 41mm is the perfect size for this case.

Reactions: vcappp

Train1

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/8/07
Have the white regular AT in 41mm and sold my blue dial AT GMT which apparently was 41mm instead of 43mm. If you don't care about getting called out (no one ever cared for my reps/gens and I doubt that others experience anything different) I'd say go for the current 41mm GMT, I will buy one as long they are still out. 43mm will be just too big imho, 41mm is the perfect size for this case.

The GMT rep is 41.5mm vs. 43mm for the gen. IMO 1.5mm it is not noticeable with the shape of the case. Not many people carry calipers around to call out rep watches.

Kozma

Horology Curious
22/7/16
Jeez, this thread has been a tough read, 41v43 chat sure did get heated.....anyway, quick question, trusty has the blue face version GMT with a nylon on leather strap, anyone bought a rep with that strap? Looks cool but just wondering about quality.
Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Thatwatchguy

Supporter
Supporter
Certified
9/7/17
Jeez, this thread has been a tough read, 41v43 chat sure did get heated.....anyway, quick question, trusty has the blue face version GMT with a nylon on leather strap, anyone bought a rep with that strap? Looks cool but just wondering about quality.
Cheers

Link for this one?

Train1

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/8/07
Cheers

Make sure he has it in stock. I tried to get the blue from him about a month ago and had to "settle" for the black. It's amazing.

w0rn

Supporter
19/7/15
Kozma Just so you know, the link that you gave, that isn't the vsf version with the new movement inside, if that matter to you.
It's probably a 2836 with added gmt function and not in same league regarding reliability as the new movement in my experience.

csthe

I'm Pretty Popular
16/3/13
Cheers

I think it is better to wait for the new release with 43mm... there is no 41.5mm gmt gen

Dan2018

Known Member
19/8/18
U.K.
My watch arrived from InTime today, with what appears to be a piece of dust on one of the markers. Gutted! It’s one of them don’t notice it until you see it situations though, I’m hoping I just get used to it.

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
The GMT rep is 41.5mm vs. 43mm for the gen. IMO 1.5mm it is not noticeable with the shape of the case. Not many people carry calipers around to call out rep watches.

You are right about no one carrying a calipers around with them, but "not noticeable"......? Not so sure. Sure 99.9% of the people are not going to notice or care. Obviously you would have to either have this watch or have at least looked at it and had an interest in it to ever notice, however if you were one of those people then I think you might notice depending on how observant you are. The difference between 41.5 and 43 is not completely insignificant. I had the 41.5mm rep and I have 7 3/8" dia wrist. It wears just about perfect for me and it is a really nice watch. I sold it anyway just because I figured they are coming out with the correct size and I am one of the few that it would bother. In any case, to each to their own.

Reactions: vcappp and csthe

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
My watch arrived from InTime today, with what appears to be a piece of dust on one of the markers. Gutted! It’s one of them don’t notice it until you see it situations though, I’m hoping I just get used to it.

If this were mine, I would just open it and clean it out. If you have the tools it will take 10 or 15 minutes even including water proof testing it. That is a super simple fix and not something that you should have to live with. Granted, you probably don't have the tools so if it bothers you just go find someone locally that will fix it. If you are uncomfortable with that or if you don't want to deal with finding someone local then just send it to one of the trusted watchsmiths that can be found here on this site right here: https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/watchmakers-and-horologists

Dan2018

Known Member
19/8/18
U.K.
What I can’t work put is if it’s dust, dirt or discolouration of the metal. Doesn’t look to be spilt lume which is positive. What’s worse is I can’t even take a good photo of the problem to show it you all!

shaKi47

Known Member
5/4/16
Can anyone say something about the Movement? Anyone wear it for 24/7 and its good working? Because i think about to buy it but know nothing about the movement. i heard only that is really really good.

Dan2018

Known Member
19/8/18
U.K.
I’ve had it for a day so far and it’s running well. I’ll provide some more feedback in a couple of days.

Reactions: shaKi47

Kozma

Horology Curious
22/7/16
Kozma Just so you know, the link that you gave, that isn't the vsf version with the new movement inside, if that matter to you.
It's probably a 2836 with added gmt function and not in same league regarding reliability as the new movement in my experience.

Cheers, thought it was the same one !

Sent from the RWI App

Dan2018

Known Member
19/8/18
U.K.
Here you go gents. The mark on the 40 marker is the issue for me, but I’m slowly getting used to it. Overall, a lovely watch.

c4Vh6.jpg

c3BKq.jpg