• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Purchase from Puretime

cleverclogs

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/2/24
I have just purchased 2 watches from Puretime. One is a Cartier tank quartz and another is a Panerai. Attached are the QC images. They have shipped them and sent tracking info. Cant wait to get them in hand. I think the finish is beautiful ( From the images ) . Will post more images once i get the product in Hand from my wrist.

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
Thanks for your order and they look good. Please update us once recieved!

cleverclogs

8/2/24
Sure they do. Waiting patiently for them to arrive . Unterstand that it takes time not only to manufacture but also to ship and deliver. So far communication from Marie and Elina has been prompt. i now feel i should have ordered extra rubber strap. but i am hoping Puretime will let me order that separately ( probably with another future order ).

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
i now feel i should have ordered extra rubber strap. but i am hoping Puretime will let me order that separately ( probably with another future order ).
You can contact us whenever you need one. We will double confirm it with factory.Thanks

cleverclogs

8/2/24
Hello,

I have an update. I have got the watches delivered to me today morning. I was actually worred that the goods will get stuck in customs. But that did not happen and i received them fine. Pics are attacehed below. Did have to pay a Duty of about 40 USD. But that is ok. Atleast i know that their shipping channel is working fine right now. I think Puretime covers you in case goods are confescated by customs. Atleast thats what is written on their website.

This to to once again thank Marie , Elina and all other people working at Puretime. I will be ordering a Daytona from you shortly. Will ask them nicely for another strap for a watch i have purchased ( At a cost ofcourse ). Hopefully they will be able to accomodate.

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
Congratulations! Thanks for the nice pictures. Looking forward to cooperating soon with you again !

cleverclogs

8/2/24
I have started using the Panerai and it is just awesome. I however do have an issue with the cartier. Watch looks great and the watch itself is working just fine. The issue i have is with the bracelet. I needed to resize the same. Somehow the link screws are so damn tight that they just refuse to move. i tried with a good precision screwdriver. Did not budge. Then i took the same to the local watch repair person. He also tried and eventually said that they are not moving at all. What is it that i am missng here. Do you have any suggestions what may i do Or any special type of screwdriver that i can use.

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
Then i took the same to the local watch repair person. He also tried and eventually said that they are not moving at all. What is it that i am missng here. Do you have any suggestions what may i do Or any special type of screwdriver that i can use.
Please email us some pictures. We will check if factory can supply replacement part, thank you

cleverclogs

8/2/24
I have emailed you, In case replacement part is not possible even if they can suggest how to open it i will try that . Maybe Wd40 might work. I am actually embarrassed with myself. have opened so many links on all sort of watches earlier.

Reaps

-
Top Poster Of Month
25/9/22
I have emailed you, In case replacement part is not possible even if they can suggest how to open it i will try that . Maybe Wd40 might work. I am actually embarrassed with myself. have opened so many links on all sort of watches earlier.
Try blow dryer and soaking bracelet in hot water for 15 minutes to heat up bracelet to loosen loctite.

If that doesnt work, try soaking it in a solvent to dissolve loctite.

cleverclogs

8/2/24
Heating has not helped , put it in boliling water for 5 minutes and no change. Now have put it in wd40 solvent . will keep it overnight and see. Fingers crossed.

cleverclogs

8/2/24
This too did not help , not even one bit. Will now need to request Marie to arrange another bracelet. May sound crazy but just seems as if the screws are dummy.

Reaps

-
Top Poster Of Month
25/9/22
This too did not help , not even one bit. Will now need to request Marie to arrange another bracelet. May sound crazy but just seems as if the screws are dummy.
I would go to a jeweler and only bring the bracelet. If they can't do it then yeah

Reactions: Theodorius

cleverclogs

8/2/24
yes next is to try that. Will go to a jeweller this weekend. Most likely they have better tools or more tricks up their sleeve. Rubber and leather bealts are such a boon . ;)

Reactions: Reaps

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
yes next is to try that. Will go to a jeweller this weekend. Most likely they have better tools or more tricks up their sleeve. Rubber and leather bealts are such a boon . ;)
Thank you so much. Please keep us updated. If it really can't be solved, please email us and we will order the part for you.

cleverclogs

8/2/24
Ok so i have an update here. Took the watch to a jeweller. The screws did not get opened at his place. He asked to keep it with him for a couple of days to see what can be done. I know . Frustrating. Finally below is the outcome. The ones i wanted to open did not get opened but he did manage to break them. As a result the 2 extra links have been removed from each side and i have a complete watch that somewhat fits on the wrist.

Picture as below. The Extra links had to be broken out. You will see the pins have been cut. So what i request you to do is as under.

Please ask the manufacturer to send me 2 + 2 links as per this image. Unscrew them and send me just to be safe. You need not send me the whole bracelet , Nor do you need to send me the centre buckle as we managed to save those parts.

You may send these to me with my next order despatch that is already in your system.

Kerbus

Renowned Member
16/3/06
FL
Uh oh, I hope this was just a fluke on this particular watch and that many other watches with screws in the bracelet don’t have this issue

Reaps

-
Top Poster Of Month
25/9/22
Uh oh, I hope this was just a fluke on this particular watch and that many other watches with screws in the bracelet don’t have this issue
Partially a fluke probably. QC on fake watches is non existent. I also have a feeling that the screws on those watches are fucking TINY and basically's it's very easy to destroy the threading and make it impossible to pull out

Kerbus

Renowned Member
16/3/06
FL
I’ve destroyed both the threading and screwdrivers on some bracelets due to that

cleverclogs

8/2/24
Mostlikely its a fluke that i got these. It happens . In the end we all know we are buying a rep. And as long as the TD is communicating to find a workable resolution it is fine. I am absolutely not blaming PureTime over here. It really isn't their mistake. I have already purchased more items from them which are pending QC. It may also be possible that this particular model is not a quickselling one . there could be lots of reasons. But if at all there is a scope for them to give this feedback to the manufacturers they should do so.