• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New PPF Nautilus 5726, full functions and the date does not look sunken

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
Has any modder confirmed that ARP can be changed to APR? Accord11 sent out some PMs to modders but I don't think he has heard back yet.

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
In the meantime I have joined the list of those waiting for the 5712. I will also email some TDs to see if perhaps the ARP is only an error on this sample they received for pictures.

spotcom

Finger Lickin’ Good
Supporter
Certified
15/6/19
USA
Has any modder confirmed that ARP can be changed to APR? Accord11 sent out some PMs to modders but I don't think he has heard back yet.

I’d be really curious if they even sell the watches with the incorrect month printed on it. Seems like a model that will sell like hot cakes. I’m sure it’ll be fixed. For them to sell this with ARP is crazy…

…but it is the rep world.

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
Yes we think it would be crazy to sell like this. But most people that buy these at markets will not even notice. And if they do it will be too late to complain.

There is a saying in Chinese, 一锤子买卖

This basically means the one time sale, that is meant to maximize profit but with no thoughts of a return customer sale. This is very common in the Chinese culture with business dealings. Things have changed slightly with respect to this saying, mostly with Chinese companies interacting with Western companies and understanding that it is more beneficial to have repeat business rather than the one time sale.

Sonofalich

James
Patron
Certified
10/6/19
United Kingdom

I'm sorry, but it really isn't a big deal. It's tiny... no-one is going to see that. If you're paranoid you could not wear the watch in Arpril... sorry April.
But reality is, it isn't a deal-breaker. If that's the only fault, you're onto a huge winner. Modding it to fix ARP is unnecessary heck here's a one liner for you to use if ever anyone ever calls you out on it. (spoiler, they won't).

"Yeah... it's a one off flaw, last time I sent it in for service they said they could change it, but I declined. It's one of only a few date wheel misprints released by Patek, super rare!"

Reactions: P..DR..D

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
I'm sorry, but it really isn't a big deal. It's tiny... no-one is going to see that. If you're paranoid you could not wear the watch in Arpril... sorry April.
But reality is, it isn't a deal-breaker. If that's the only fault, you're onto a huge winner. Modding it to fix ARP is unnecessary heck here's a one liner for you to use if ever anyone ever calls you out on it. (spoiler, they won't).

"Yeah... it's a one off flaw, last time I sent it in for service they said they could change it, but I declined. It's one of only a few date wheel misprints released by Patek, super rare!"

Ha nice one. I'll use that if I ever need to. While I agree it is very unnoticeable to most, to others it is a huge eyesore. To each his own as they say I believe.

P..DR..D

- Pátrún Bródúil -
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
I agree. If its a gen with a printing error people would hold onto the watch for dear life. Such is life in the rep world, no flaw is accepted. But in gen, flaws are embraced.

The first batch, with this flaw, could become a collectors edition, one batch only, rare as hens teeth :)
Could even get it's own thread in the Eyecandy subforum.

But joking aside, I for one will accept it if it is the only flaw, and certainly wouldnt pay another X hundred to fix it.

Plus as Sonofalich said, you could just not wear in April, or say that it's a rare one, that the workers did as an April / Arpil fools joke (like the coders who insert hidden code in apps)

Swiss_goupil

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
7/12/19
Last Kingdom
I still think those images are from pre production units. By the time they will be available some of the flaws will be corrected. Date wheel for sure, dial colour we will see...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
I decided, I like the ARP so much, I'm going to have all my Pateks with months modded from APR to ARP, just because I can then say it is a Patek factory error.

srhoque

28/11/18
The blue dial is junk let's be honest.

+1. However, we need to wait for actual pics in hand. My TD told me this watch is not even ready for sale. PT has done this trick before (like the ARF Batman) where he published a prototype to generate sales. Maybe a lot of the flaws get fixed by them (although I doubt they will fix the blue color shade)

P..DR..D

- Pátrún Bródúil -
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
+1. However, we need to wait for actual pics in hand. My TD told me this watch is not even ready for sale. PT has done this trick before (like the ARF Batman) where he published a prototype to generate sales. Maybe a lot of the flaws get fixed by them (although I doubt they will fix the blue color shade)

Once they fix the ARP, or perhaps not, I myself think it'd be like an inside joke if this was the only flaw :cheese:

Swiss_goupil

Patron
Certified
7/12/19
Last Kingdom
43305d404e3650fc49eab0d33b843f4f.jpg

In RL, the blue shade is much darker vs the PP marketing shots (all with the date 18 March)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

P..DR..D

- Pátrún Bródúil -
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
How braindead could the chinese worker who designed the month disk be to make that mistake? smh

Easter is in April, alongside April fools, so perhaps someone is having a laugh with us :eek:hwell:

Like the "Easter eggs" coders put into games/computer code for the craic;)

Reactions: mari115