• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Portuguese 7 days

mrjoe

22/8/15
This one is from Ken @ Chazingtime

Thanks. Just so many dials to choose from, but your pic just made me lean towards the black/SS even more. Debating if I should wait a little more for the next vers. release =/

mrjoe

22/8/15
TD's are all supplied from the same factories so which TD doesn't actually make any difference to what you get.

I know. I was only curious as I've never seen QC pics from that TD before (or heard about that TD until now - interestingly has really good reviews too).

hub6152

I'm Pretty Popular
10/11/12
I know. I was only curious as I've never seen QC pics from that TD before (or heard about that TD until now - interestingly has really good reviews too).

I've bought from Ken before. In fact for me he works out a lot cheaper since he charges a $10 postal rate to Hong Kong whereas all the other TD's charge a flat $25! So I already save $15 plus he was $10 cheaper on some of his prices compared to others too!!

henrychinaski

19/2/15
Just got delivery of this Havanna brown, big scaled croc ... it is a VNH

6YVNvdw.jpg

Nice! Where from?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MADRED7

I'm Pretty Popular
5/5/11
This is VietNamHandcrafted ... it is a seller you will find on eBoy.com ... 35$ a strap, you cannot go wrong with that.
Dr. Theo

Prancuzas

Renowned Member
6/3/12
Am I the only one?

Most of You here are praising VN made straps (and I can guess they really are good value for the money) but honestly I think 5001 watch deserves a bit more luxurious piece of leather....

aligborat69

I'm Pretty Popular
11/6/12
UK
Am I the only one?

Most of You here are praising VN made straps (and I can guess they really are good value for the money) but honestly I think 5001 watch deserves a bit more luxurious piece of leather....

It's a decent temp strap. But these watches do indeed deserve higher quality crocs :)

Everyone has their own opinion.

I'm looking to source a nice santoni for my Franken 5001, the others I'm happy with their orloff crocs :)

mrjoe

22/8/15
Just keep in mind that there is no such thing as a 5007 rep, they all are 5001 reps. ;)

Yeah, I've been reading up a little bit more about this just now. Thanks for the headsup!

It's funny how many of us have straps from VN here. Guess it was too cheap not to try. But yeah, they are 'okay' for the price point.

Variatio Delectat

I'm Pretty Popular
5/2/13
Planet Earth
Am I the only one?

Nope, U R not. Those watches deserve either an OEM strap or something similar, e.g. a Kaufmann strap. :)

Prancuzas

Renowned Member
6/3/12
It's a decent temp strap. But these watches do indeed deserve higher quality crocs :)

Everyone has their own opinion.

I'm looking to source a nice santoni for my Franken 5001, the others I'm happy with their orloff crocs :)

I dont think Orloff fits for 5001 either :)

The quality of straps from Orloff is superb (had one on big pilot and I think the manufacture is superb) but his gators never look classy/dressy, they are more rough/sporty. Not sure if You catch me here but I tried :)

Variatio Delectat

I'm Pretty Popular
5/2/13
Planet Earth
I dont think Orloff fits for 5001 either :)

The quality of straps from Orloff is superb (had one on big pilot and I think the manufacture is superb) but his gators never look classy/dressy, they are more rough/sporty. Not sure if You catch me here but I tried :)

Agreed. I tried Orloff once, but IMO way too rough for a dress watch.

Prancuzas

Renowned Member
6/3/12
Oh, great, I'm not the only one! Now let's continue with appreciations of 5001!

Anyone else waiting for more color setups?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

w0rn

Supporter
19/7/15
If you looking for an Santoni gator strap to fit to the 5001 I think the Orloff gator is absolutly a economically viable option at a much lower price.

Ruski91

Put Some Respect On My Name
12/10/12
While i completely agree with all of you in regards to this watch deserving a nice piece of leather - it all comes down to budget. Yes i would love to have a Santoni strap on my 5001, but i think my wife would literally kill me, so for the time being VN strap it is. Its croc, decently made, and cost 35 bucks. I have 2 of them right now for other watches and they look and feel great. They are soft, break in nicely, stitching is fairly even and lightyears better than a rep strap.

Don't get me wrong - i fuly understand that there is no comparison between this and an Orloff, Santoni, kaufman, or etc. but for the time being i think it will be just fine.