• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New PO45 and one gripe

pineypl

25/6/07
I just got my PO 45mm in black and love it. Amazing watch and dang heavy too! No pics yet, but you all know the watch by now. :) Anyway the gripe is a lack of micro adjustment in the bracelet. The bracelet is astounding, it's weight, thickness, finish, etc., but dang if my wrist is the wrong size. :-(

Has anyone else noticed this? If so, what did you do to make it better?

I may try it on an olive Zulu strap too. Might be a very interesting look....

BTW. I got this through Ruby, my second deal with her, and like the first, the transaction was nice, painless, and efficient. It took 6 days total from HK to south Florida. :D

Panerino

I'm Pretty Popular
26/7/06
pineypl said:
I just got my PO 45mm in black and love it. Amazing watch and dang heavy too! No pics yet, but you all know the watch by now. :) Anyway the gripe is a lack of micro adjustment in the bracelet. The bracelet is astounding, it's weight, thickness, finish, etc., but dang if my wrist is the wrong size. :-(

Has anyone else noticed this? If so, what did you do to make it better?

I may try it on an olive Zulu strap too. Might be a very interesting look....

BTW. I got this through Ruby, my second deal with her, and like the first, the transaction was nice, painless, and efficient. It took 6 days total from HK to south Florida. :D

the PO bracelets are a nightmare....even to just remove the links.....most difficult EVER!!!!

hk45ca

Legendary Member
Advisor
17/3/06
i was lucky with mine. i guess my wrist is just the right size. there is one half link in it. that is about as small of an adjustment as they have.

CISO1969

I'm Pretty Popular
26/8/06
yeah the only way to micro adjust the watch fit is for the wearer to gain or lose weight :)

road rash

20/12/06
The clasp on the PO should have a micro adjustment in two places that are different from other more 'typical' clasp like a Rolex. Look closely. It does offer some micro adjustment. Albeit yours may be different. The pins are a b$&(%. I took my steel bracelet off the day I got it and put on leather. All orange band and bezel, so nice :lol:

pineypl

25/6/07
@hk45ca Doh! I just found it.:oops: Man oh man that helps. Thanks.

@Road RashI cannot find the adjustments, but the half link helped a lot. I shall look better tomorrow when I am more awake.

Thanks all for the comments. Indeed those pins are a bloody nightmare. I hate to use pliars on a watch, but I had to for this project. Now that it is better sized, WOW! Fantastic watch. I do go the extra for the ETA movement. Lovethe smooth sweep. One heck of a fine watch!

rozel

Horology Curious
20/3/07
Yes this watch is a beauty!

I received mine yesterday from Ruby and it's just lovely.

I read about the pins when I received my Seamaster PO Chrono (orange bezel) from Andrew recently.

I bought in readiness for this painful proceedure, a deployment strap which came with the watch and which was easy to fit in place of the ss bracelet and 20-piece toolkit off e-bay.

With the Pin remover, from the kit, things are relatively simple but the outer pins are so easy to bend/break and the inner sleeves so easy to drop and lose!!

I would like to know some more about the micro adjustment on the clasp. I cannot seem to find it on either of the bracelets on my 2 watches. To fit these bracelets I needed to remove 2 links but they are still a fraction too long.

Could you be more specific about this micro adjustment technique, someone please?

roz

crick

Put Some Respect On My Name
1/8/06
my PO bracelet tutorial in the omeega section is no no usefuL? :(

the PO bracelets dont have microadjustment - they have a half link - that's it.

rozel

Horology Curious
20/3/07
crick said:

Hi Crick - yes it was your tutorial which set me up in the first place and motivated me to get my first real watch tool-kit!

Thanks for clarifying the Micro adjustment thing - thought that's what you would say - if I were to remove the 1/2 links then the bracelets would be too short - I know they would only be a fraction out but too much in my case for real comfort - I thought "micro-adjustment" would be just that - micro

Oh well

roz

caravaggio

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
13/6/06
actually I know of a real easy way to remove links from the PO

Real easy

I will post a pictorial soon

soon :wink:

rozel

Horology Curious
20/3/07
paneraifreak said:

Real easy

Great :D :D :D - Cannot wait to see it!

Could you also say where I might buy replacement pins and pin-tubes please as well - that would be good too :D

roz

pineypl

25/6/07
paneraifreak said:
Real easy

No suggestions on using a hack saw. :-D

crick

Put Some Respect On My Name
1/8/06
rozel said:
crick said:

Hi Crick - yes it was your tutorial which set me up in the first place and motivated me to get my first real watch tool-kit!

Thanks for clarifying the Micro adjustment thing - thought that's what you would say - if I were to remove the 1/2 links then the bracelets would be too short - I know they would only be a fraction out but too much in my case for real comfort - I thought "micro-adjustment" would be just that - micro

Oh well

roz

yeah it's pretty tough to remove the pins without a tool kit. Even with my toolkit, my first time around i broke the pin from my tool and the bracelet :(

i've read somewhere one person using chopped up paper clips as a last resort to pin replacement? (i'd probably try to scrounge some pins somewhere).

yeah, the half link really isn't much of a "micro adjustment" as say the clasp on a rolex. Clasp on a rolex is like every 2 mm micro. the half link is like 5 mm :( Either too loose or too tight. i had that same exact problem... with the micro, it's a bit tight, with a full link, it's too loose for comfort... I've tried wearing it loose, got annoying, so I went with the tight route, get little seamonster imprint on my wrist all the time! i flex my wrist to make it move hehe, rawr! Eventually i got used to it, specially when i oiled the bracelet down.

caravaggio

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
13/6/06
rozel said:
paneraifreak said:

Real easy

Great :D :D :D - Cannot wait to see it!

Could you also say where I might buy replacement pins and pin-tubes please as well - that would be good too :D

roz

Here it is at last:

this is a seller on Ebay. He is pretty much the only one that sells this tool with an extra long pin.
It will push out the Omega pins further as compared to the standard pins we always get with these cheap tools.

sanbandadjuster.jpg

Mr.RadioActive

23/8/07
Actually they are ez to find, and read the info written on how to do it on this forum. Now im all set for when mine comes next week!

Mr.RadioActive

23/8/07
I found one (for some reason that link didnt work) they sell them all over ebay. I got a set coming with some other tools. I couldnt pass it up since it was so cheap. With a new UPO coming its going to come in handy!