• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New PO 45,5mm arrived! with issues...

piratedzeus

I'm Pretty Popular
17/12/06
First to say... Looks great on 6,7" wrist... no way too big... says everyone :)

but... i need your advice...

the HE valve doesn't screw out... no chance.. well that is not thaaat bad... but once again... sucks!

lets gon on.. the crown screws down only half the way... this will get water on my crystal inside in the first rain? or not? :)

the bezel insert was scratched... well... bad but not the worst thing...

The PO logo is turned to the left... this SUCKS! i showed this watch to some friends and ALL of them noticed in a few seconds... this SUCKS SO BAD! THEY REP THIS PIECE SO GOOD AND FUCK UP THE QUALITY CONTROL!!... well whatever... see yourself..

well i asked the dealer for some kind of solultion... i don't care about HE valve... crown... well... it's not that bad.... the bezel insert might get more scratches soon anyway.... but the logo is such a big flaw if I manage to find that guy who glues them on the dials I will GET IN HIS HOUSE and show him that the logo should be lined up :lol: :lol:

dkcambel

Known Member
24/3/06
I would probably send it back. Too much wrong with it. Hopefully, you're dealer will accept a return.

piratedzeus

I'm Pretty Popular
17/12/06
Aww come on this thing is 128$... the fucking shipping fee back is nearly 20% of the whole price...

Sylar

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
17/1/07
You can ask for credit on shipping on your next purchase. Too much wrong with it to try to fix it. Send it back.

piratedzeus

I'm Pretty Popular
17/12/06
Yllwtrb said:
You can ask for credit on shipping on your next purchase. Too much wrong with it to try to fix it. Send it back.

I am not sure whether I will take the risk with dropshippers again...
I already spent ~18$ for resizing the bracelet.. expensive country...
But I will talk with my dealer whether he is even ABLE to make sure the next watch is not such a POS... but you won't belive it..... when I ordered the watch... I asked 2 times to make sure that the logo is ok... i saw so bad photos and didnt want this flaw... 2 times asked... and for ntohing else to check... just the logo... and what happens...the thing i wanted to avoid

caravaggio

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
13/6/06
Since QC will not be an issue for review in the eyes of the Makers and Dealers, the rep hobby will always be a lottery way to buying: you might get a good one or a bad one...you dont know...

So, I am only now buying from our forum dealers who actually have their stocks with them and they ship the goods themselves....like WBK...

...but WBK sells cheap ass quartz...you say? I say: maybe so but i know what I am buying and i'd rather get a quartz that works and has everything lined up it wont fall apart an hour after owning it.. :roll:

Dropshipping dealers are not an option anymore.

LL

Natron

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
11/10/06
$18 to resise bracelet, you bettter buy a link tool and start doing it yourself.

You asked for advice and people told you to send it back, and you say too expensive. If I was the dealer I would want to see the watch before I start giving refunds and credits. That is just me. Send it back and buy a better watch. I think that is the problem with the PO lite. I think their is more wrong with the watch than just a cheaper movement. It was $128 plus shipping. If I am correct that would be about $150. I would spend the $50 more bucks and save the headaches.

Nate

piratedzeus

I'm Pretty Popular
17/12/06
Natron said:
$18 to resise bracelet, you bettter buy a link tool and start doing it yourself.

You asked for advice and people told you to send it back, and you say too expensive. If I was the dealer I would want to see the watch before I start giving refunds and credits. That is just me. Send it back and buy a better watch. I think that is the problem with the PO lite. I think their is more wrong with the watch than just a cheaper movement. It was $128 plus shipping. If I am correct that would be about $150. I would spend the $50 more bucks and save the headaches.

Nate

Hey... don't get angry at me.... correct... shipping was 35$... to 163$.. I might send it back, yes...

I will get this Pin tool when I am sure that I will get another PO. Until now I managed to resize 2 seamsaters with pins and 1 sub with screws without problems... But thanks!

piratedzeus

I'm Pretty Popular
17/12/06
DrmMaster said:
just say no to digital zoom :D

You mean that my flaws are only spotted by the full power of the 6MP digital camera? :lol: :lol:

Yes might seem so.... I don't care anymore about the scratches.... but this logo just looks wrong...

Natron

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
11/10/06
I am not angry at you. I am getting a new link tool in MY seiko Black monster kit my wife bought me, so I will have an extra if you need it I may gift you. That was one of the first things I bought to save me time and money.

I am just saying there seems to be more problems with the PO Lite than just the movemnnt. For $163, you were a few bucks away from the Ultimate. That is my point and you probably would be enjoying your watch right now instead of complaining about it. The Logo thing sure does suck and was one of the first things I wanted correct.

My ultimate came with the Eta copy in it so imagine how I felt when I found that out. My watch smith has settled me down a bit as the movment is no problem for him to work on.

Nate

piratedzeus

I'm Pretty Popular
17/12/06
Natron said:
I am not angry at you. I am getting a new link tool in MY seiko Black monster kit my wife bought me, so I will have an extra if you need it I may gift you. That was one of the first things I bought to save me time and money.

I am just saying there seems to be more problems with the PO Lite than just the movemnnt. For $163, you were a few bucks away from the Ultimate. That is my point and you probably would be enjoying your watch right now instead of complaining about it. The Logo thing sure does suck and was one of the first things I wanted correct.

My ultimate came with the Eta copy in it so imagine how I felt when I found that out. My watch smith has settled me down a bit as the movment is no problem for him to work on.

Nate

Hey,

correct for the price difference.... but it was advertised as the same as the ultimate just with a different movement... I don't think that the dials for lite and eta are choosed/produced in any different way... same with the bezel insert... and the HE valve has also nothing to do with the movement... but you might be correct with the crown... well that's just reps... you win or you loose...

rob_s

Horology Curious
17/3/07
well, i have to say that there have been so many negative QC comments on the PO/uPO it has put me off buying one totally. shame, as i do like the watch, but i will buy gen, maybe for xmas.

not that it is relevant, but because of the QC and crown problems with the uPO, i am actually going to make my 'daily beater' purchase the bret steelfish as (apart from slight lume issues close up) i havent heard any recurring problems. its also actually water resistant LOL (angus may well be getting my money for this one unless any other vendors guarantee the watch like he does)
just need my next pay cheque now lol

Natron

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
11/10/06
Maybe just my theory but it seems as if most of the problems have occured in the PO lite. I think they are putting the crooked logos and other problems into cases with the copy movemnt.

I may be wrong but I seem to be proved right many times.

I think you should send it back with the extra $40 and get the Ultimate.

Nate

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
Well... Sending it back may be one solution. Go for registered airmail. It's not that slow and unreliable (you get tracking). This will cost 1/3 of what EMS charges. Or another possible suggestion: go for genuine dial and caseback (price is out of tune though... I would recommend this if only you want to create real ULTIMATE PO).

GEJester

You're Saying I Can Sell?
2/1/07
This is why I stopped buying this crap. You pay good money for something and can't even show it off. I'll save and buy gens!!!!

Jester

PS I have to say this though. The two watches I bought from WBK for under $100.00 are nicer than the ones I bought from others for over $250.00.

Panerino

I'm Pretty Popular
26/7/06
I had to send one of these back but I think it's worth the trouble...if you get a good one....the bracelet is a bitch to size.....C4 can't get the friggin pins out...I just sized a new one I just got and it took me 45 minutes....not good :x :x :x

piratedzeus

I'm Pretty Popular
17/12/06
dealer response:
The HE screw is non functional.. It is advisable to be screw in tight as it is a source of leak.

The bezel scratch is on the bezle ( Black portion) itself ? I can send you an insert.. please confrm

The crown if you look at the rear is correct.. From the front.. It is flushed.. There is no problems.

Fro your pic, I think the omega logo is fine..

This is a replica watch.. if you start blowing things up to this size.. i am sure you will find such flaws on the genuine watch as well.

-----

come on... this omega logo sucks... you can just see it! how much is a gen dial`?