• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New PO 42mm (5th gen)

Daniel

Known Member
17/10/10
Hi All,

Still pondering to buy one of these, I have seen the limited reviews/comments and was wondering if any of you who have already received the watch can shed some light on the build quality of the bracelet/clasp.

In my opinion having a poor bracelet or clasp is a real deal breaker. I don't mind if it doesn't look like the gen, but it really needs to function properly and be somewhat durable (unlike the PO rep sitting in the bottom of my sock drawer). I heard the UPO has a decent (by Omega rep standards) bracelet/clasp, how does the 5th gen compare?

Many thanks and may you all have a blessed 2011 !

drbollocko

I'm Pretty Popular
12/11/10
It can be a little slow on here at times :)

I dont know for certain how to answer your question but you might find more here if you didn't already see these threads.

http://www.rwgforum.com/topic/126715-its-here-uvpo-42mm-with-dg4813-mvmt/
http://www.rwgforum.com/topic/12626...rrived-added-gen-comparison-pics/page__st__40
http://www.repgeek.com/showthread.php?t=122961&page=7

I recon that now that we are out of the xmas season we'll start seeing a bit more info about these hit the forums, many orders from the dealers would've been delayed in post this time of year.

Daniel

Known Member
17/10/10
It can be a little slow on here at times :)

I dont know for certain how to answer your question but you might find more here if you didn't already see these threads.

http://www.rwgforum.com/topic/126715-its-here-uvpo-42mm-with-dg4813-mvmt/
http://www.rwgforum.com/topic/12626...rrived-added-gen-comparison-pics/page__st__40
http://www.repgeek.com/showthread.php?t=122961&page=7

I recon that now that we are out of the xmas season we'll start seeing a bit more info about these hit the forums, many orders from the dealers would've been delayed in post this time of year.

Thanks, I didn't see the RWG posts before.

randychuah

Known Member
14/12/10
The RWG forum is kinda getting on my nerves now. I cant view the thread cos i am not signed in. I tried registering for an account ant i couldn't because it keeps saying i entered the wrong verification code. Can someone please ask an admin for help ? thx

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
I got one coming in soon, I will be sure to report.

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk

tangle

5/8/09
UK
I have a 4th generation 42mm PO, and the bracelet is very good, a good curve to it and all works correctly, hard to size but you most likely already know this, so long as you have a pin remover you will be ok. There appears to be a new ultimate best at replica make which has the correct bezel with the small teeth. Be sure you get the correct one. Hand sizes used to be an issue (too short) not sure if the 5th has cured this. It took me a long while to find mine.

lovely watch

m3nster

I'm Pretty Popular
2/1/10
United States
I used to have the 45mm UPO and the bracelet really sucked. Technically once you remove a link that link is pretty much useless and destroyed. I just got the 42mm "5th gen" from MR and the bracelet on this is MUCH MUCH improved. Sizing it was a piece of cake and the overall feel of the bracelet is a lot nicer then that UPO I had. The clasp on the other hand needs a little "tuck" to help it close but its a minor thing and hey it IS a rep after all so I wont complain that much. Hope this helps! Get it! its nice as hell!

WatchDoc

I'm Pretty Popular
15/2/10
I've been surfing all of the new PO threads.
The 5th gen has gotten great reviews.
One guy had it die on him in 2 days (movement)
The 4813 movement from Josh, based on my reading here, is an "overclocked" 2813 that made it less reliable. Any rep can fail , but does anyone know if the quality of these movements has been an issue? I'm going to hold off for now and wait for more reviews. The Gen POs beat at 7/min not 6 like a standard 21J or 8, so 6 bpm isn't really that far off.

THXuk

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
25/3/06
London
Ive ordered the new 42 in gold for fun, will upload pics when in

kdo2milger

Put Some Respect On My Name
17/3/06
some QC pics from Josh on my order. he shipped on the 28th :( still waiting...
swiss eta 2836-2
p1160717.jpg

p1160720h.jpg

MrYesterday

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/10
Itinerant
No happy feet (which is good), bezel edge looks good
Only a couple of small things that I can see. The pearl is a little too large, minute hand is a touch short, but I try and stay away from the minutia, there will always be flaws.
Still an awesome looking watch :)

Daniel

Known Member
17/10/10
Ive ordered the new 42 in gold for fun, will upload pics when in

Also thinking to get that one.
I love that watch, the SS is nice but the RG version gives it so much character, its so beautiful. If only it didn't cost a small fortune...

Stiches

You're Saying I Can Sell?
1/1/11
nice

That is nice, who is Josh... I want one!

this 'hobby" is so addictive:facepalm:

WatchDoc

I'm Pretty Popular
15/2/10
Was looking at Josh's site (perfect clones). Other than the color, is there a quality/performance advantage to the nickel plated ETA over the "gold" ETA that costs $50 less?

Glimmer

15/5/10
Gonna order this one myself soon but not sure from which dealer, also I'd like to hear an opinion on the movement.

kdo2milger

17/3/06
That is nice, who is Josh... I want one!

this 'hobby" is so addictive:facepalm:

jos nano is the owner of perfect clones, good fella, been dealing with him off and on for 5 yrs now...

Was looking at Josh's site (perfect clones). Other than the color, is there a quality/performance advantage to the nickel plated ETA over the "gold" ETA that costs $50 less?

i believe one is "swiss eta" while the less expensive one is a "clone eta"

WatchDoc

I'm Pretty Popular
15/2/10
i believe one is "swiss eta" while the less expensive one is a "clone eta"

Yeah, you're right. This thread from 2008 says that some, but NOT all dealers ( and I'm NOT pointing any fingers at Josh who has a great repuation) were calling movements "swiss ETA"s that weren't. One person postulated that the dealers were selling the movements as they were advertised, not intentionally scamming anyone. At the same time, one guy got Swiss ETAs that were confirmed to be the real deal by a local smith. Point is that the admins on this thread think that we can save money buying the ETA clone without compromising quality (of a rep...). Here's the thread. Good reading:
http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php/attention-all-swiss-eta-buyers-32873

rol_man

Supporter
Certified
25/7/08

Doc, if you look at the description and use the drop-down for movement choice box, you should see the Nickel is spec'd as a Swiss ETA whereas the Gold is the Asian Clone 2824. Hope this helps. Plating should make no difference in performance or quality.