• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New PLANET OCEAN Titanium & Liquidmetal

moller

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
25/5/09
No there are a XL version of it at 45,5 mm found it in sweden for 3800 euro. I have to say yhat this is the coolest AR effect on the crystal that I have ever seen there is absolutly NO color on this glass it realy makes it look invisible. Iam realy not in to the PO range but this does it for me, GOT TO HAVE....

WatchDoc

I'm Pretty Popular
15/2/10
That lume is HOT!
Went to the Omega store in Short Hills NJ.
The Liquid Metal Bezel has a carbon gray matte look as opposed to the shiny black ceramic. Different look. Not sure which one I prefer.

Last year's model $4500, this year's Liquid Metal $6200. (Didn't buy anything today). And the guys there? I hate to sound like a cocky watch snob (I am a snob, but not cocky. wait, can a rep owner be a snob? sure.), but I guess I am since without asking, one guy said you don't open the helium valve under water, and the other guy said to open it when you dive. Really? I mean, Really?! (They should be opened during ascent after a long saturation dive).

The AR on the crystals is great, and the silver numbers on the PO were actually kinda hard to see. I love the font, so was actually surprised to find that I kinda liked the Black face/bezel with the orange numbers. The numbers had good contrast with the black background, so right now, I'm thinking that IF I get a Gen PO, I'm in for the Black Bezel w/ Orange Numbers.

jeffw69

I'm Pretty Popular
14/10/11
That lume is HOT!
Went to the Omega store in Short Hills NJ.
The Liquid Metal Bezel has a carbon gray matte look as opposed to the shiny black ceramic. Different look. Not sure which one I prefer.

Last year's model $4500, this year's Liquid Metal $6200. (Didn't buy anything today). And the guys there? I hate to sound like a cocky watch snob (I am a snob, but not cocky. wait, can a rep owner be a snob? sure.), but I guess I am since without asking, one guy said you don't open the helium valve under water, and the other guy said to open it when you dive. Really? I mean, Really?! (They should be opened during ascent after a long saturation dive).

The AR on the crystals is great, and the silver numbers on the PO were actually kinda hard to see. I love the font, so was actually surprised to find that I kinda liked the Black face/bezel with the orange numbers. The numbers had good contrast with the black background, so right now, I'm thinking that IF I get a Gen PO, I'm in for the Black Bezel w/ Orange Numbers.

Hi, I am about 45 minutes from Short Hills Mall.
Did they have the PO chrono? I'm going to have to pay them a visit.
I can't wait on a rep of this new version :)

jeffw69

I'm Pretty Popular
14/10/11
I know, that's why I might have to get the gen, but 6200 for the PO and I believe over 10k for the chrono-we'll see :)

WatchDoc

I'm Pretty Popular
15/2/10
The prices are in my car, but they have the chrono and the current version is at least 7200

Omega88

I'm Pretty Popular
19/3/11
If you can't really wait. You can get this to ease the urge first..
20110831190343_219020.jpg

http://www.watcheden.net/omega-seam...e-bezel-with-black-dial-s-s-i-115496-p-1.html

WatchDoc

I'm Pretty Popular
15/2/10
Found the prices

@Q5?: Do you agree with me that in person, when you don't have precisely the correct angle, that the orange numbers had more contrast than the stainless steel? The steel is polished to a mirrored surface, so i had to angle it to see them.

OK, found the card the guy gave me with the prices:
Liquid Metal Prices from the AD
42mm $6200
46 mm 6200
Chrono $8200

Prior Model Year
42mm $4500
Chrono $7200

You notice how the pushers on the clasp are now oval?

One bummer is that there's no micro adjust unless you get the shark bracelet (like on the PloProf). I use the micro adjust on my Rolex GMTIIc all the time.

jeffw69

I'm Pretty Popular
14/10/11
so that's not too bad $8200 for the chrono :)
Off to the mall this afternoon!
Hmm, rubber or bracelet? I have so many bracelet watches, that I might have to get one on rubber, especially if I save a little $$$.
Victorinox store- should be interesting.
And there is that seafood place there too!!!

RobbDizzle

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/10
wowie zowie $1800 price jump (for the 42mm) is a bit steep, even with all the new stuff...

nixmazda

13/12/10
The liquid metal technology was a limited production piece and is NOT on the new pieces. The cases are larger (46mm instead of 45.5mm) and the He valve crowns are larger. They have changed the Arabic font on the dial as well as the case back is exhibition with the new 8500 movt.

phoband

7/9/06
Well, I like the blue.

The "liquid metal" thing is a funny marketing gimmick

Interesting new movt. It looks similiar to whatever longines/ Hamilton. I'll have to look into that.

phoband

7/9/06
Hmm, wasn't the longines movt, but speaking of the rep makers being ahead of the curve, I didn't even notice this one on the new items list

ae30c47d-029e-8f7e.jpg

phoband

7/9/06
This by far my favorite one.

Look at the size of the pearl compared to the black one on the right. :thinking:

This was done just to f with the rep community who spend hours and hours on pearls. They are just trying to scramble your brains :) If rolex did this, you would hear audible explosions. Like transformers blowing :)