• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Pistol Brace Rule

Evox

You're Saying I Can Sell?
4/8/22
I only have two AR-15 pistols, they're both 300blk and I bought them specifically to run with cans. I guess I'm going to have to pin and weld the cans on the barrels now, so they'll be right at the 16" limit, which sucks, since I also used the cans on other firearms, and I absolutely refuse to get any more NFA items.

I feel like we're coming to an inflection point. IF the ATF can make millions of peaceful Americans potential felons something has to be done. I'm all for abolishing the NFA and defunding the ATF at this point. They are the enemy of the people.

There is no way I'm falling into the trap the ATF has set. They want you to take a picture of your firearm, which technically is illegal, file a Form 1 and they'll give you a free tax-stamp. But there's a catch. If you don't get approved within 88 days of filing, the application is automatically rejected. Then they have you. They have a picture of your now illegal "SBR", all your information, and can take enforcement action against you.

This is nuts.

Evox

4/8/22
I think it's important for people to understand the trap. I you file a form 1 you can't already own all the parts you need. That shows intent. In this new gimmick they want you to take a picture of your firearm and send it with this your NFA form. YOU ALREADY ARE IN VIOLATION BECAUSE YOU'RE ALREADY in POISSON OF IT. They have you. This is bs.

Evox

4/8/22
I really wish we had an edit function here. (typos galore)

I've built cans in the past. But you cannot own the parts to do so BEFORE you have the tax stamp. Before your form 1 is approved. If you do that is illegal. But this NEW gimmick to get a "free" tax stamp they want you to take a picture of your of your pistol (SBR) and send it with your form. Since over 40 million of these exist, it's going to take the ATF a lot of time to process all these new SBRs. If they can't do it in 88 days, then all those SBRs will get rejected. Thus making their owners subject to enforcement action.

Nice try.

Hesekiel

Vintage Watch Enthusiast
Supporter
Certified
4/1/17
California
We here in California are always ahead of (most) of the rest of the country. With the exception of .22LR (think MP15-22) which can be used in Steel Challenge, our AR-15s have to be either "featureless" or must have a fixed magazine since the bullet button loophole has been closed. I don't have to tell you about the goal to outlaw AR-15s as a general weapon nationwide, so expect more fun things to come from the feds in this regard. I don't own an AR-15, but if I did, I would not knock at the ATF's door to see if they like it the way it is. Depending on who's going to be in the White House come 2024, things may get a lot worse.

Reactions: Evox

John Wick

11/2/23
Italy
I guess I will never understand how in the blue sky can some guns be illegal and/or federally banned in your countries when gun ownership in the USA is a constitutional right. Please tell me.

Anyway, welcome to the club. Here in Italy, but that's the way most of EU is doing afterall, you need a special permit (government concession) to buy guns, it must be renewed every 5 years and you need to be associated to a gunrange recognized by public sport institutions CONI / UITS (in other words, to be an active sport shooter) to own high capacity magazines.

serumdiesel

Madman
17/3/21
I guess I will never understand how in the blue sky can some guns be illegal and/or federally banned in your countries when gun ownership in the USA is a constitutional right.

Plus we can be "justifiably" killed at any time by our law enforcement just for having one. Good shit. 🤡