• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

new photos of my JLC master tourbillon

holynitro

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/3/10
just want to share with you guys.. :)

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

comments are very welcome ! :)

mbjoer

I'm Pretty Popular
17/3/09
Is there a GEN version of this ? The watch looks very nice.

No, It's a fantasy version. But so much within the spirit of JLC that it really works.

I find it one of the best rep tourbis out there. Just cannot work out what colour is best. Pictures like these are really useful.

mbjoer

I'm Pretty Popular
17/3/09
Anyhow, for those who like the look of the gen JLC Master Tourbillon, but find the real tourbillon to be too much money, there seems to be a "open heart" version, as least according to this entry at Watcheden.

JLC Master Tourbillon (faux, open heart)

20110411132420_26146.jpg

20110411132420_26142.jpg

This is turning into an interesting thread. Not only because of the OPs great pictures, but also the relationship between proper replica and fantasy versions.

Being presented with the Gen, I do not find enough similarities to call the OP version anything other than a fantasy.
The watcheden one above though could qualify as a rep.

However where the fantasy is excellently made and is a version JLC could have made, with lots of attention to detail, right down to a proper working tourbillon, the rep shown here is a very obvious fake.

On the surface it shares the dial layout and looks ok, but the dates have no date hand leading to them and the tourbi is now an open heart to a standard movement. And oh, one more thing. The rep version says Regulateur & Tourbillon, which has a completely different meaning from the wording on the Gen. Here it is patently nonsense

Almost noone outside the AD and this forum could call out the fantasy. They simply do not know each and every Gen model version out there. It looks and feels right.

But anyone can tell that a date sequence without a date hand and an open heart is not to be found on a very expensive luxury watch.

This "rep" just screems fake.

honeybear

I'm Pretty Popular
11/8/10
Yes, I think if you're looking for a ultra high end watch, then the fit and finish is more important than accuracy. Unless the watch you're interested in is particularly iconic, such as a Patek Nautilus or AP Royal Oak, most people would not be sufficiently familiar with every variant of the watch to call you out on a well made and well executed fantasy watch. This is in part the attraction of the MBK Nautilus, even if it is not as accurate as the latest cartel version.

One should aim for plausibility, is the fantasy in keeping with the design ethos of the brand, and does the quality of manufacturing consistent with what one might expect. This is perhaps the reason why there are so few super replicas of high end dress watches, since the genuine watches are always executed in precious metals, and the weight difference is a dead giveaway. Interesting, some of the dealers do have solid gold replicas of things like the Patek Calatrava, which are very nice, but go for over a thousand dollars.

smascarinas

I'm Pretty Popular
16/2/10
nice pic! lovin the prime lens... my cousin always says buy a prime lens it makes everything you shoot look good.

LP640

18/1/09
OMG, these look so good but what is the quality like in person ? Gold etc, ? Might consider one! Enjoy it !

dholliday

You're Saying I Can Sell?
2/8/11
awesome watch, looking for something similar, are all tourbillon movements that actually circle as well priced above 500?