• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New patek philippe nautilus from ppf

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
If you've ever used vernier calipers or micrometres, you would know that I can post a picture of my Mk V5 and with the caliper jaws tight against the surfaces, and it could be showing 5mm :lol:
If you change the offset of the caliper, the game is rigged.

The good spirit is : buy one, make your own judgement or wait for others to do it and see if that's pleasing you enough to buy it. You won't have any issue flipping it in M2M if you don't like it :)

that would be a TOTAL DEALBREAKER! A Nautilus rep with 3mm difference to the gen? no way - dead giveaway...

jokes aside - i am actually interested in the thickness measured without the crystal. Pretty sure we would get close to 8.5mm - in the end it is all relative and on the wrist the numbers are just a thing of the own mind set.

BreakYourUglyFace

Horology Curious
30/3/19
If you've ever used vernier calipers or micrometres, you would know that I can post a picture of my Mk V5 and with the caliper jaws tight against the surfaces, and it could be showing 5mm :lol:
If you change the offset of the caliper, the game is rigged.

The good spirit is : buy one, make your own judgement or wait for others to do it and see if those reviews are pleasing you enough to buy it. You won't have any issue flipping it in M2M if you don't like it :)

Did not know that thanks for the gems you dropping dog. I appreciate your hospitality my G

Reactions: BlackJaguar

Darude

Known Member
MULTI ACCOUNT
17/4/18
I saw a gen in person yesterday in a window display and it was SO thin. This still seems to have some heft to it. Small difference but to someone who knows anything about watches I think they would notice quickly
Yes that’s right, since the caseback is thicker, it looks like a brick to me, people who know watches can potentially see that it’s a replica across the room.

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
Did not know that thanks for the gems you dropping dog. I appreciate your hospitality my G

tenor.gif

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
Yes that’s right, since the caseback is thicker, it looks like a brick to me, people who know watches can potentially see that it’s a replica across the room.

I heard that a man saw it was a rep from 3km away, without any optical apparatus or anything, just like that, in the blink of an eye. He tried to scream at the guy "YOU FAKE, YOU DO NOT HAVE IT !!!" but unfortunately, the poor faker couldn't hear him... sad story

extintor

You're Saying I Can Sell?
16/12/18
I know that everyone has a different acceptance with flaws or measurements but...guys, we are talking about 0.38mm difference with gen. Not 3mm, 0.38mm!! So maybe calificate it as a brick is a bit...excesive?

Reactions: Glaude

SmartyPants

18/5/17
I know that everyone has a different acceptance with flaws or measurements but...guys, we are talking about 0.38mm difference with gen. Not 3mm, 0.38mm!! So maybe calificate it as a brick is a bit...excesive?

And if someone actually has such great attention to detail then reps are simply not suited for them. If that's the case it'd make more sense to spend more time working and saving money for the gen instead of complaining about it on a forum.

Reactions: Rep_Fan and gilrob

BreakYourUglyFace

Horology Curious
30/3/19

We are talking about the holy grail of watches. The Patek Nautilus. It is known for its ultra slim profile. A Nautilus even 0.20mm more than gen is honestly unacceptable for a rep IMO. It needs to be perfect and they could charge $1,000 all day long for this piece

BreakYourUglyFace

Horology Curious
30/3/19
And if someone actually has such great attention for details then reps are simply not suited for them. Instead it'd make more sense to spend more time working and saving money for the gen instead of complaining about it on a forum.

Not really trying to spend 65Gs on a stainless watch. Sorry dog

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
Spoiler alert, some has been spotted with the new PPF White dial... :

https://picr.me/i/2019/04/01/V1fAQQ.jpg

We are talking about the holy grail of watches. The Patek Nautilus. It is known for its ultra slim profile. A Nautilus even 0.20mm more than gen is honestly unacceptable for a rep IMO. It needs to be perfect and they could charge $1,000 all day long for this piece

That a silly thing to say, and is simply not true at all

Darude

Known Member
MULTI ACCOUNT
17/4/18
I heard that a man saw it was a rep from 3km away, without any optical apparatus or anything, just like that, in the blink of an eye. He tried to scream at the guy "YOU FAKE, YOU DO NOT HAVE IT !!!" but unfortunately, the poor faker couldn't hear him... sad story

The flaws are actually so obvious though

I went to a drinking party last weekend wearing my pf nautilus, there were two gentlemen standing near me and began staring at my watch. I tried not to look nervous and act confident, but then they started chatting and I heard them mumbling “12hour minute marker is misaligned” “looks 1mm thick”. I decided to pull down my sleeves, only showed half of the watch, I then distinctly heard “Datewheel is too tiny”, I began to panic. I was so nervous as I didn’t want them to expose my replica, I quickly finished my champagne so I could walk away, but one of the gentlemen immediately came over to me and asked, “would you like another glass of champagne? “

Pdatoon

Renowned Member
2/2/19
Some people are whining about 0.38mm difference on a $500 rep when the gen costs 65k$. Doesn't make sense to me. Oh and I'm sure the 0.38mm or the crown is not the giveaway, it's probably the person wearing it that is the giveaway... Dog.

Darude

Known Member
MULTI ACCOUNT
17/4/18
Some people are whining about 0.38mm difference on a $500 rep when the gen costs 65k$. Doesn't make sense to me. Oh and I'm sure the 0.38mm or the crown is not the giveaway, it's probably the person wearing it that is the giveaway... Dog.

Not really, 0.38 mm is a dead giveaway on the wrist, better wait for V10

Reactions: reppists

BlackJaguar

I'm Pretty Popular
22/3/18

I went to a drinking party last weekend wearing my pf nautilus, there were two gentlemen standing near me and began staring at my watch. I tried not to look nervous and act confident, but then they started chatting and I heard them mumbling “12minute marker is misaligned” “looks really thick”. I decided to pull down my sleeves, only showed half of the watch, I then distinctly heard “Datewheel is too tiny”, I began to panic. I was so nervous as I didn’t want them to expose my replica, I quickly finish my champagne so I could walk away, but one of the gentlemen immediately came over to me and asked, “would you like another glass of champagne? “

I had a similar situation happen, but mine involved three gentlemen. As my luck would have it, one of the gentlemen had digital calipers on his person. All three of them approached me and asked me to take off my watch. So, trying to act cool, I actually took off the watch and mumbled, "gentlemen is this necessary?" One of them gentlemen started whispering under his breath, "it's clearly clearly necessary, the watch appears .485mm off the gen, and we will get to the bottom of this -- the nerve you have coming to our party with a clearly fake nautilus!!"

As I was going to hand it to the gentlemen with the calipers, I suddenly ducked, grabbed the bottle of champagne off the table, and SHATTERED it over his head. I then grabbed my watch, and made a run for the door. The other two gentlemen chased me, but couldn't catch me.

It was a horrible experience. Moral of the story: You never know what trouble a replica Nautilus 5711 that is more than 0.1mm thick could cause you; so better to play it safe and not buy the watch.

True story. Learn from my mistakes.

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17

I went to a drinking party last weekend wearing my pf nautilus, there were two gentlemen standing near me and began staring at my watch. I tried not to look nervous and act confident, but then they started chatting and I heard them mumbling “12hour minute marker is misaligned” “looks 1mm thick”. I decided to pull down my sleeves, only showed half of the watch, I then distinctly heard “Datewheel is too tiny”, I began to panic. I was so nervous as I didn’t want them to expose my replica, I quickly finished my champagne so I could walk away, but one of the gentlemen immediately came over to me and asked, “would you like another glass of champagne? “

:spit: