• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New patek philippe nautilus from ppf

reppists

MULTI ACCOUNT
10/3/18
So...watch is 8.87mm, meaning this is actually the same movement as the aquanaut and the calatrava ZF has released recently

yes I've mentioned a few times already lol. PPF is related to ZF since PPF is owned by ZF's owner's brother, therefore they almost share everything.
The reason why MKS was so much thicker is because they want to reduce the rotor noise by making the rotor higher to avoid touching the deco plate = thicker case back. I'm surprised how PPF managed to silence the rotor plus reducing the thickness that's nearly on par with gen.

Besides, it's funny how the gen sample that gave us, the clasp(with the calatrava logo on it) has a different direction than the rep. The clasp on the rep pushes outward, while the gen pushes inward.

Reactions: vcappp

extintor

You're Saying I Can Sell?
16/12/18
The tolerance for each watch is a little bit different, some measure with 8.87 and some 8.6, so it really depends on your luck ;).
To be honest, no one would call you out with the 0.2mm thickness differences lol, you can barely see the differences even for 1mm.

yes, I also found the font of the date wheel quite thin (a bit weird), but the size is good enough to fill in the square.

I'll answer some other question as well:

The crown is actually slightly bigger and when screwing in it's not as deep as PF, that's why it protrudes a little bit, but I don't really see that as a problem, not as noticeable as the pusher on the arf's daytona, if you get what I mean.

The bracelet is so damn flexible, as the internal structure is identical to gen, so it fits any people with small wrist.

The polishing is close, but of course you can't compare the real deal to a replica haha

So in your opinion, finish overall is reaally good not only against PF or MKF. If you compare with a gen, dial, flexibility, polishing...

I bougth a MKFv6, but it was seized by customs, so the TD offered me a free replacement and i decided to swap to a PPF. Good choice?

Reactions: vcappp and reppists

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
So in your opinion, finish overall is reaally good not only against PF or MKF. If you compare with a gen, dial, flexibility, polishing...

I bougth a MKFv6, but it was seized by customs, so the TD offered me a free replacement and i decided to swap to a PPF. Good choice?

Very good choice.

Reactions: reppists

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17

Best choice you could have made. Yes.

BlackJaguar

I'm Pretty Popular
22/3/18
Sorry to let you guys down, that's not the blue dial from ppf and the watch has not even complied yet lol.

I can safe to say the white dial is identical to the gen, like 99% accurate if not identical, since PPF is replicating using the gen white dial.

Thanks for all your input, Reppists. You're the man! Question about the blue dial: Is it true that it will be released soon, and have you seen it? If you have seen it, can you let us know how close it compares to the gen?

Thank you.

reppists

MULTI ACCOUNT
10/3/18

YES, without hesitation. The best nautilus I've ever seen.
White dial matches with the gen, it's almost 1:1
Pinion is a little bit thicker, but I doubt you would see it in real life.
There are slight differences in terms of polishing, as the polishing lines on the gen look so much sharper and thinner, but you can't really tell without holding them side by side.
Flexibility is the same with gen, and the end links are movable which is better than pf (pf's end links are fixed).
Since the thickness between pf, mks and ppf are just 1mm, lol it's just a tiny bit thinner.

Reactions: stoyania and vcappp

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
It just looks so good. I'm pulling the trigger!

extintor

You're Saying I Can Sell?
16/12/18
Best choice you could have made. Yes.

Very good choice.

YES, without hesitation. The best nautilus I've ever seen.
White dial matches with the gen, it's almost 1:1
Pinion is a little bit thicker, but I doubt you would see it in real life.
There are slight differences in terms of polishing, as the polishing lines on the gen look so much sharper and thinner, but you can't really tell without holding them side by side.
Flexibility is the same with gen, and the end links are movable which is better than pf (pf's end links are fixed).
Since the thickness between pf, mks and ppf are just 1mm, lol it's just a tiny bit thinner.

Thanks for your help!

I think that all was aligned to get this PPF haha i rejected 3 QC pictures and TD rejected other 3 QC pictures of MKFv6.

At the end he asked for 5 watches at the same time to select the best one...and finally customs seize it. The same day, PPF release his white version...

I thougth that i was unlucky with all the process, but maybe i was lucky in the end haha

reppists

MULTI ACCOUNT
10/3/18
Thanks for all your input, Reppists. You're the man! Question about the blue dial: Is it true that it will be released soon, and have you seen it? If you have seen it, can you let us know how close it compares to the gen?

Thank you.

No worries :) Glad that it helps!
The blue dial is definitely going to be released, I've seen the photo of the dial plate and the colour is indeed better than mks and pf (less electric bluish tone), the marker lume will be in white lume(so don't worry), great printing quality, and i love how the blue dial reflects the light(it looks almost dark blue), it is quite impressive, like it actually gives a gen-like depth and appearances.
Overall it's quite good, but I would 100% prefer the white over the blue dial if you want the best nautilus rep.

Pdatoon

Renowned Member
2/2/19

You should thanx the Customs lol

reppists

MULTI ACCOUNT
10/3/18
With the crown, is it because the tube protrudes too much from the mid-case or is it because the crown itself is too thick? I actually do not think it is such a big task for a competent watchmaker with the proper tools to remedy this.

I highly doubt there's anything that you can't mod :)

reppists

MULTI ACCOUNT
10/3/18
It’s marketing game they know what they do!!!
New batch supposed be same Gen sample crown..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IMG-0574.jpg

When you screw in tightly, I don't really see the crown is protruding a lot

bill33

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
12/5/12
UK
Accepted QC pics on mine over the weekend.

Without a doubt the best rep 5711 I’ve seen. (Apart from the frankens of course)

The only tells are incredibly minor and easily fixed.

The date window inside edge is only painted in black halfway down. I’ll get the dial removed and painted black all the way down.

Crown is slightly on the long side. I’ll get it swapped for a PF crown/tube if it bothers me.

Datewheel slightly too thin. A Keylog date wheel will sort this once released.

And of course the decoplate/Miyota movement. If it bothers you, A Patek service sticker on the back and no one is seeing that.

A superb effort from PPF.

From the videos they have nailed this dial. Can’t wait for it to turn up. I’ll post a review with plenty of pictures once it arrives.

Last edited:

slaughterer62

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
27/1/13
Just one more question: are the PPF indices PVD-treated/plated or lacquered black? I remember some white dial Nautiluses in the past that had very nasty lacquered indices.

bill33

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
12/5/12
UK
Just one more question: are the PPF indices PVD-treated/plated or lacquered black? I remember some white dial Nautiluses in the past that had very nasty lacquered indices.

From the videos they look treated. They turn a nice grey tone in certain light.