• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Pam 187 from EddieLee

rogerwine

Renowned Member
10/7/06
I just received my 1st watch from this site, the Pam 187 from EddieLee in an unbelievable 5 days. I am blown away by the service and the watch. It is stunning. I have gone over it with a fine tooth comb with the pictures from the InSync review from March/April. It passes with flying colors. I am the newest true believer. WOW
rogerwine

Panerino

I'm Pretty Popular
26/7/06
Indeed!!!

I got one also and it is an amazing watch. And eddie does an excellent job. Enjoy your watch. :D

bigbadbrad

I'm Pretty Popular
18/3/06
EL rocks

-

Me too. (pics in Eyecandy). EL is a first-rate dealer and the 187 is a great manly watch - wear it in good health!

-- BBB

zetterdawg

Renowned Member
12/5/06
rogerwine said:
I just received my 1st watch from this site, the Pam 187 from EddieLee in an unbelievable 5 days. I am blown away by the service and the watch. It is stunning. I have gone over it with a fine tooth comb with the pictures from the InSync review from March/April. It passes with flying colors. I am the newest true believer. WOW
rogerwine

be sure to tell Maximus :)

bigbadbrad

I'm Pretty Popular
18/3/06
enzo said:
rogerwine said:
I just received my 1st watch from this site,

That is an intesting comment. It's great that you found your perfect choice using the RWI forum. The Dealers listed here are an integral part of the community and established through their history and reputation. But it almost sounds like you are equating the forum as a part of the dealers, and I wonder if other newcomers have this impression?

I only mention it because there are scam type sites that try and create the same concept, but are really just a retail web site disquised as a forum or forum-like in their format. (the one that comes to mind is REPLICACENTER) I would hate to think we were even loosely associated to something distasteful as that.

Good point: implies direct association (marketing), which is not what the community wishes to convey.

enzo, I assume there's a sticky for newbs that discusses matters like (1) posting etiquette, (2) the vetting process for RWI "trusted dealers", (3) directions to the SELLING etiquette sticky etc?

--- BBB

rogerwine

Renowned Member
10/7/06
Forum Allitude

I am a little confused by the comment. I may be new to this forum but I am not new to reps and watches in general. I found this site by searching for an alternate source of the Pam 187. And then I was pleasantly surprised by what I found with regards to the various categories for posting and the conversations that were going on. Anyway I followed through and bought the Pam 187 from EddieLee and had very very great experience. But, also I was really surprised at the overall quality of the rep that I had just received and had to express myself to the Panerai forum and the dealer experience forum. One of the surprises here is the moding of the reps that you receive and the lenghts that you all go through to upgrade your watches. That is one of the best things about this site and I am catching the bug. With my 187 and my Breitling Ti Chrono aAvenger UTC, I am already thinkg of what steps I would like to take 1st to upgrade these watches, Eta 7750s, relumed, coated saffire crystals, the works. I never knew it was possible! Also, I really like the attitude of this forum and the members, humor ,curiosity and support. Also technically this is a very sophisticated site with more upside to learning how to navigate through the threads. Now after reading many of the posts throughout the site it is very clear that the dealers are a very important asset to the community. Beyond moding, the dealer issues seem to be the most frequently raised subjects, what with the PayPal issues, monitering dealers and buyers and maintaining good relationships, rep quality issues, etc. I also hang out on the EOT forums, PMWF and the Big watch forum. The first 2 comment a lot on "fakes" and PMWF has just banned discussion of non Panierai Marina Militares because of a recent Japanese court ruling. I will continue to buy gen watches to the extent that I can afford them, but I will also search out high qulity reps with the same enthusiasm. Basically I love watches and this site gives me an expanded way of learning about them. I am learning more about the workings of a watch on this site more than any of the other sites combined. I know I am rambling a bit, but I hope that answers your questions about what this site can represent to a new member.

bigbadbrad

I'm Pretty Popular
18/3/06
-

Apologies Roger, my remarks above weren't directed at you. Your post was understandable and reasonable. It was more that enzo exprssed a concern, with which I concur, that RWI does not want to give impression that it is 'fronting' for "trusted dealers", ... rather, we have a symbiotic relationship with them.

Your experience here describes most of us, IMHO.

--- BBB

rogerwine

Renowned Member
10/7/06
No Apology Needed

Thank you, but no apology is needed. I did'nt take the comment as an affront. My original post my have been "over the top", but I had forgotten to take my meds and thats just how I felt at the time. WOW What A Watch, opps