• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New OXF Blaken Submariners

Usernametaken

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
31/5/18
Looks like the 2836-2 is the way to go swap date wheels and should be good. The hands don’t look great but have to see when it comes in, thanks for the help about the case and the stems. Much appreciated, time to sell my squale 1545 dlc for funds!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: KJ2020

guillaumelagier

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/6/20
also, apparently there is an ar coating on the crystal, and the polished areas on the edges of the bracelet or the case keep a mirrored effect on general despite the pvd black, on the rep apparently the appearance is more matte in these areas. I think this comes from the plating technique on rep PVD and on gen DLC. DLC is much thinner and much more scratch resistant.

Usernametaken

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
31/5/18
That’s actually sounds like a bummer, I did notice it seems matte everywhere, was hoping it’s just pictures

guillaumelagier

9/6/20
HAHAHAHAHAHA i would like to see more pictures of these watches but apparently they are only on puretime for now.

Usernametaken

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
31/5/18
I actually bought my dial from that guy, totally random he lives like 2 towns over

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
Top Poster Of Month
12/3/18
I wonder if a clean v3 insert could be installed on the OXF scope, what do you think?

I think it should bro. Most 6 digit Rolex ceramic inserts (and many others too) are the same size, +/- .1 or .2mm. I swap a lot of them around and don't recall ever having a fit issue. Sometimes thicknesses are different but usually that can be fixed.

guillaumelagier

9/6/20
I think it should bro. Most 6 digit Rolex ceramic inserts (and many others too) are the same size, +/- .1 or .2mm. I swap a lot of them around and don't recall ever having a fit issue. Sometimes thicknesses are different but usually that can be fixed.
in fact I was mainly thinking that the construction of the bezel is different on OXF (since it is a minor factory) compared to gen or ARF and NOOB, and that there is a problem at this level to install the 'insert? Many thanks again

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
Top Poster Of Month
12/3/18
in fact I was mainly thinking that the construction of the bezel is different on OXF (since it is a minor factory) compared to gen or ARF and NOOB, and that there is a problem at this level to install the 'insert? Many thanks again

That's a reasonable concern. The CF insert is normally pressure fit to a ZZF but can be adhered as well like other ceramic inserts.

guillaumelagier

9/6/20
C'est une préoccupation raisonnable. L'insert CF est normalement ajusté par pression sur un ZZF mais peut être collé aussi bien que d'autres inserts en céramique.

The pics are accepted, I am not disappointed, the PVD I think is a matte finish, on the blaken site there are several DLC PVD finishies, original, mat, mat gray.

Usernametaken

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
31/5/18
Ya I think I’m gonna have to pull the trigger on a black one , green is awesome but I already have a gen insert

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
Top Poster Of Month
12/3/18
That was fast QC. Looks like a quality piece. I'm not too sure about the matte finish though. Looking forward to your review when you get it.

guillaumelagier

9/6/20
C'était un QC rapide. On dirait une pièce de qualité. Je ne suis pas trop sûr de la finition mate. Dans l'attente de votre avis lorsque vous l'aurez reçu.

Sorry to ask you again for questions, but it's a chance for me to have you on this thread :), I see the T1G code on the clasp of the blaken OXF bracelet, do you think it's a noob V10 bracelet? And I don't understand the puretime price of the new V10S noob 268 USD, isn't it the best noob version, but the price doesn't match if it is the latest and best version? Many thanks if you have the time to respond.

guillaumelagier

9/6/20
i have the feeling that the dial and the insert are noob v10 too, it looks a lot like when i compare with other pics but hard to say in pic, if i'm wrong tell me.

Last edited:

Usernametaken

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
31/5/18
Trigger pulled..
617b0ccd1a46bc4ab81bb30d7f891a11.jpg

54599e04ff4a7fbb02b88a1cb1466328.jpg

965c002ad8a811864c4e2ccf6aceb39b.jpg