• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Omega Seamasters

Roeod4

Put Some Respect On My Name
14/3/06
I am probably going to buy a couple of Omega Seamasters in the next week or so and I wanted some opinions.

Has anyone purchased one of the new 007 Seamasters? It is really starting to grow on me, especially with the new Bond film coming out. I tool a look at the gen the other day and it really got to me.

OMG0044.JPG

I was also thinking about this one too. I was surprised at how close tot he gen the Asian version is. The closed case back is not a big deal. The sales rep didn't even realise that the gen had a display back.
OMG0011A02_2.JPG

I am getting this one with out a doubt. Amamzing looking watch
1.jpg

I still have my SMP in pieces and the purchase of any of these will allow me to switch the bezel back and forth depending on what I want to wear, until I can get a new bezel of course.

I don't know who I will get anything from, yet.

geopatr69

Renowned Member
28/3/06
:D :D 2 and 3 for sure. Both are awesome. The first Bond doesn't do it for me. Sorry. But that GMT and the chrono are the once I would pick 8) :D

Panerino

I'm Pretty Popular
26/7/06
I really like the new 007. In fact I too am very close to getting one. The only thing holding me back is the accuracy of the dial. I think the gen has less pronounced spirals on all the pics I have seen but that may in reality not be true since a side by side comparison would be virtually impossible. The rep looks like a very well made watch otherwise and the casing and bezel are near perfect (to my eye). I will probably get one soon if I can get past the concern on the spirals :)

daytona4me

sorry who are
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
4/3/06
Roeod4 said:
I am probably going to buy a couple of Omega Seamasters in the next week or so and I wanted some opinions.

I was also thinking about this one too. I was surprised at how close tot he gen the Asian version is. The closed case back is not a big deal. The sales rep didn't even realise that the gen had a display back.
OMG0011A02_2.JPG

I purchased this one from Andrew. I love it but i've already scratched the crystal to hell.
It's a great rep, I'm glad I purchased, just want to replace the crystal in it.

mdppilot

Known Member
18/9/06
Don't care for the "007" model, swirls look different on Gen. Prefer the Chronograph or GMT model. Very cool watches, there on my x-mas list... 8)

gjermund123

Known Member
22/5/06
It's probably just my weak eyes, but the dial on that 007 would really confuse me. Looking at the picture, I had difficulty locating the hands at first :)

andreww

I'm Pretty Popular
17/3/06
I agree with the rest. The new Bond is far too overdone, verging on tacky.

DWSmoot

You're Saying I Can Sell?
11/11/06
This is a particularly impressive model. I had it on my wrist at an AD last week and it is a massive piece...

1.jpg

Klink

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
15/3/06
chrono

that is all...

:D

Life is Good!
Klink

mdppilot

Known Member
18/9/06
What about the Pumpkin model, but with Black bezel, I hear the new Bond is wearing it. Any Rep's out there of this model?

Klink

Banned
15/3/06
a look through dealer catalogues might reveal

what is thre and what is not..

report back!

LOL

Klink
Life is Good!

and not in catalogue or site? pm or email... see if tongues are loose
or mouth is closed... LOL

Klink

Banned
15/3/06
maybe soon told you from site, or from dealer??

Novesh

I'm Pretty Popular
5/5/06
I went yesterday to an AD and took a look at a few seamaters/smp's. the new 007 looks like a toy, almost unrealistic. the traditional bluedial seamaster looks good...but personally I'm impartial to it.

Honostly speaking, the seamaster's aren't really that expensive of a gen. If the rep tickles your fancy, grab a gen (=

daytona4me

sorry who are
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
4/3/06
Klink said:
a look through dealer catalogues might reveal

what is thre and what is not..

and not in catalogue or site? pm or email... see if tongues are loose
or mouth is closed... LOL

as it is said which is spoken by the man with the skull that will fulfill the prophecy.

hk45ca

Legendary Member
Advisor
17/3/06
i'm with klink, for me it's the crono and that's all.

NaviChief

I'm Pretty Popular
30/8/06
bignasty said:
If you don't like the new 007 SE SMP then check this out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTCpzeN6ocU

8)

Thats worth 30 seconds of any guy's day to watch, actually probably a few minutes because I watched it 4 times! I have been looking for a nicely priced used SMP for quite awhile now. I want it to be my first nice ETA purchase, and the only one I could afford for quite awhile!

Roeod4

Put Some Respect On My Name
14/3/06
chief3630 said:
bignasty said:
If you don't like the new 007 SE SMP then check this out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTCpzeN6ocU

8)

Thats worth 30 seconds of any guy's day to watch, actually probably a few minutes because I watched it 4 times! I have been looking for a nicely priced used SMP for quite awhile now. I want it to be my first nice ETA purchase, and the only one I could afford for quite awhile!

Gen? Have seen them all over the web for $800-$1200 brand new. Used cna probably be found for $600-$1000.

Rep? I don't see these being sold used too often. This is usually a keeper for most people. If you are looking for a rep and want to save a little right now, you could get one with Asian movement and then upgrade alter when you can afford it.