• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Navitimer+photos

trekracer20

29/12/06
This is my first replica, and my first attempt at watch photography so the photos aren't that great. And unfortunately this is one with the 3-7-9 arrangement and the recessed date wheel. Aside from that though, I can't believe how amazing this watch look. I didn't think that the ink on the dial would shimmer the same way the gen does, but this dial really looks fantastic in person. You also can't tell from photos, but the subdials have a very subtle pie-pan texture to them, just like the gen. Overall it's a really beautiful watch if you're into complicated faces.

Matt

arty909

15/10/06
3-7-9 question...

Matt- As a Newb, I would like to know what this means. Also, is there a dealer that has the one that you would rather have purchased? I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on one from Josh, but maybe this is the same one. Thanks, Arty

trekracer20

29/12/06
dial question, etc

As you'll find out when you read more, chronographs normally come with their subdials at 3-6-9 (o'clock) or 12-9-6. The movement used in the watches, a n Asian 7750, is designed to have the dials at 12-9-6. In order to put the dials at 3-6-9, another group of gears needs to be added. In some watches, doing this forces an extra amount of space between the dial and the date wheel, which is the main giveaway on the Navitimer. A sunken dateweheel on watches with the 3-6-9 subdials. I would try to avoid those.

I actually ordered the series speciale, with the 12-9-6 subdials, but the watch was probably drop-shipped and Joshua may not have had the chance to see it before it shipped. I don't think this happens very often, and I have no doubt that he will take care of it pretty quickly and make things right. Joshua is a great dealer, as well as Andrew.

Matt