• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Nautilus 5740

_DC_

I'm Pretty Popular
3/1/13
London UK
No I’m not kidding, It can be repped..they can put a miyota movement in there and the moonphase would be an am/pm indicator just like Rod said. obviously without all the complications the same way they repped the 5712 and that’s a complicated watch. But if the factories really need to focus on this model we will have a decent rep. Obviously it wouldn’t be as thin as gen but unlike you thickness doesn’t bother me and I highly doubt it would be 15mm thick.

I was being facetious about the thickness, but the AP perpetual calendar rep is quoted as 12.5mm (which I don’t believe that for a second when you look at it) and that is still way too thick. Would need more than just a Miyota and moonphase, would need a whole calendar module on top otherwise what’s the point, and I can tell you now the calendar module used I the AP wouldn’t have the correct subdial spacing to fit within a Nautilus dial configuration... so yes, it is hard!!

Maybe not everyone is worried about thickness, so that’s fine for you (assuming they manage to overcome the issues stated above) but I think most people on here would say they want their Nautilus slim, otherwise the chronograph and 5712 would be more popular!!

DC