• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New models by ORF Omega DIVER 300M

Alex_oz

Known Member
8/10/20
Gosh I am so over this! Can’t wait to get the black-black one! Next purchase after the ZF BB Pro.

Reactions: Richidh

Alex_oz

Known Member
8/10/20
So I’ve spoken to Steve from Jtime. Yes, they’re released indeed, not on the website just yet. Price is around $510 for a full black version. A bit on the higher side but that’s a freaking unicorn.

Reactions: addy46.88

Route66

24/4/21
Gosh I am so over this! Can’t wait to get the black-black one! Next purchase after the ZF BB Pro.
+1!

I just have a couple of concerns:
- These are 43.5 mm big, instead of 42 mm of the regular SMP ones. You oughta have an adeguate wrist, even if the black case might help to see them smaller.
- Lug width is 21 mm instead of 20 mm of the regular SMP. Replacement strap might quite be not so easy to source

Alex_oz

Known Member
8/10/20
+1!

I just have a couple of concerns:
- These are 43.5 mm big, instead of 42 mm of the regular SMP ones. You oughta have an adeguate wrist, even if the black case might help to see them smaller.
- Lug width is 21 mm instead of 20 mm of the regular SMP. Replacement strap might quite be not so easy to source
A) I know for for sure, I have VSF black ceramics
B) its ceramics, which can be shattered, so I won’t be messing with a strap change TBH, just in case

Air_Fryer_AJ

Horology Curious
16/12/21
So I’ve spoken to Steve from Jtime. Yes, they’re released indeed, not on the website just yet. Price is around $510 for a full black version. A bit on the higher side but that’s a freaking unicorn.
Likewise, spoke with Li and he confirmed $478 for the middle one and $508 for the left and right models.

If they get hands on it and post on their site with some decent pics and it looks the goods I'll probably place an order on the right one in March.

Interestingly Li told me case diameter will be 43.5mm and case thickness should be 13.7mm to 14mm.

Reactions: Shining_jack

Shining_jack

You're Saying I Can Sell?
MULTI ACCOUNT
20/12/22
The Netherlands
Likewise, spoke with Li and he confirmed $478 for the middle one and $508 for the left and right models.

If they get hands on it and post on their site with some decent pics and it looks the goods I'll probably place an order on the right one in March.

Interestingly Li told me case diameter will be 43.5mm and case thickness should be 13.7mm to 14mm.
Those prices are quite steep, though the right one will be an insta-buy for me aswell.

haze3715

walked out, no purchase history.
Supporter
Certified
8/8/21
Canada
A) I know for for sure, I have VSF black ceramics
B) its ceramics, which can be shattered, so I won’t be messing with a strap change TBH, just in case
How would you shatter the case with a strap change?

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
How would you shatter the case with a strap change?
Ceramic and Forged Carbon cases are very delicate (Gen and Rep). If you have the proper tools, there will most likely be no damage. But something as simple as bending a strap too far has caused cases to crack. Putting a watch in your pocket etc. They are to be dealt with very differently from Stainless Steel.

haze3715

walked out, no purchase history.
Supporter
Certified
8/8/21
Canada
Seen at least couple of ceramic watches with chips because of the inproper strap change here at bst. So my ceramic watches are always with a stock strap :)
Huh, good to know thanks. Reps or gen?

300seconds

Horology Curious
16/6/19
The Omega diver rubber strap sports generous cutouts at the spring bar ends, you can compress the spring bars with a spring bar tool without using it as a lever against the lugs, so that should be pretty safe. For other straps, you could try the dental floss method.

Most ceramic watches look awesome on Nato straps, would be a shame being too afraid to change the straps.
Regarding a ceramic watch cracking in your pocket: how would you do that? Hitting yourself with a hammer?

300seconds

Horology Curious
16/6/19
Thanks, that's Interesting! So far i have only seen damaged cases due to sudden impacts.