• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New IWC Spitfire Chrono 3878!

higginsd

I'm Pretty Popular
31/10/12
Intime has announced a new IWC rep:

http://www.intime.co/product.php?id_product=1530

Looks good, date wheel has wrong font and the date window is too far away from the 3-hour index. If they hit the color and the shine of the dial and make good indices, this is no big flaw. The subdial@12 is possibly a 30-minute counter marked with a 60-minute ruler.

The best: an A7750 is inside! None of these rubbish quartz movements simulating a mechanical movement sweep. The worst: this can probably cause problems with the sec@6.

At least this seems to be a good base for a franken and the sec@6 problem can be solved with a gen 79350. But I'm still waiting for the rep of the 3777 Petite Prince....

Albranius

Renowned Member
2/11/12
Intime has announced a new IWC rep:

http://www.intime.co/product.php?id_product=1530

Looks good, date wheel has wrong font and the date window is too far away from the 3-hour index. If they hit the color and the shine of the dial and make good indices, this is no big flaw. The subdial@12 is possibly a 30-minute counter marked with a 60-minute ruler.

The best: an A7750 is inside! None of these rubbish quartz movements simulating a mechanical movement sweep. The worst: this can probably cause problems with the sec@6.

At least this seems to be a good base for a franken and the sec@6 problem can be solved with a gen 79350. But I'm still waiting for the rep of the 3777 Petite Prince....

79350 has no date function :)

higginsd

I'm Pretty Popular
31/10/12
Yes. But it is anounced to correct the SPITEIRE to SPITFIRE soon. Obviously our chinese friends need some better glasses...

Klockis

Renowned Member
5/5/10
Wrong datewheel color (should be grey) and sunken date.
But look guite good anyway.

Edit: Here is mine for comparison :)
DSCN8138.jpg~original

DSCN8141.jpg~original

Beone21

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
10/12/10
God gen is pure sex. I am buying this rep when caseback is fixed.

ajl007

Horology Curious
16/3/14
Do you think it would be possible to get someone to modify the date wheel to the correct grey? Or do we have to hope they bring a V2 out in the near future...

Apparently the case back is already fixed.

Maxsky

6/3/12
Do you think it would be possible to get someone to modify the date wheel to the correct grey? Or do we have to hope they bring a V2 out in the near future...

Apparently the case back is already fixed.

Don't know if you can find a datewheel in grey.. quite hard i think.

For the caseback, no proof for the moment that it is fixed. I've asked to some TD's and they said no... :culpability:

higginsd

I'm Pretty Popular
31/10/12
They say NO?!?! They want to sell us a watch for 430$ - and they are too stupid to read a text on the caseback and correct their programs on the engraving machines? They really want to sell us a watch for 430$ - and they are too stupid to correct the background color and the font of the datewheel? I don't want talk about the misaligned date wheel window, which can EASY be corrected by changing the program of the cnc machines milling the dials and using a date wheel with an extended diameter to fit to the correct window position...

Sometimes I feel a little pranked by the factories. OK, I'm not buying a gen. But 430$ is a lot of money for some people - in china it is a monthly wage. You can find many perfect gen watches for that price. So I can expect a bit more CUSTOMER SERVICE for my money!

Maxsky

6/3/12
It is not corrected at the moment but it should be.... when ? they don't know and can't answer.

For the date wheel they could have done a grey one but this is how it works when you don't have the watch in your hands and you re working with pictures only. They don't have a lot of time to spend on the R&D, they must be profitable so they do quick.
For the date window it's a limitation due to the 7750 mvt i think, same as for the AP lovers.

The TD's i ve asked even don't sell them for the moment, they wait for the final stock to be released. So at least some of our TD's are taking care of us, and it's not the biggest name as you could think. :)

peterpl

Put Some Respect On My Name
24/7/11
^ The date disc looks pretty aligned on the pictures above. Only a bit sunken and wrong colour disc. Otherwise we have a winner.