• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New IWC Mark 17 Le Petit Prince

frozenb

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/7/15
i think he means the bottom strap is front and back in the wrong side. the IWC wording should show on the back of the strap?

Tsamen

28/7/15
i think he means the bottom strap is front and back in the wrong side. the IWC wording should show on the back of the strap?
Exactly, is there an easy way to turn it around without any "watchtools"?

Is there a guide how to change date and time correctly? I know for some movements you shouldn't change date in certain times, is there the same for A2892?

higginsd

I'm Pretty Popular
31/10/12
Never quick change the date between 22 and 6 o'clock. On any movement for security reasons.

higginsd

I'm Pretty Popular
31/10/12
It's a pin buckle. But the text on the strap shouldn't be visably when I where the watch?

WTF! No, this part of the strap is mounted wrong side! You have to flip it 180°. LOL, these stupid chinese watch builders, sometimes they shouldn't drink that much rice spirit...

Hey it's easy, don't bother! Just pull back the springbar ends at the lugs and turn the strap.

mark3

Renowned Member
27/7/14
WTF! No, this part of the strap is mounted wrong side! You have to flip it 180°. LOL, these stupid chinese watch builders, sometimes they shouldn't drink that much rice spirit...

Hey it's easy, don't bother! Just pull back the springbar ends at the lugs and turn the strap.
Moutai!

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G901F met Tapatalk

haleao

5/11/12
Good to see your pics! I just ordered one two days ago and not happy with QC pics. Now waiting for another one. Can't wait to get one on my wrist!

higginsd

I'm Pretty Popular
31/10/12

LOL! Had to google this! But I think it's not that stuff because this is too expensive for chines workers loan (130€ for 1/2 liter). They use cheaper stuff - and we see the bad influence of this cheap spirit.

dukie5440

15/3/15
LOL! Had to google this! But I think it's not that stuff because this is too expensive for chines workers loan (130€ for 1/2 liter). They use cheaper stuff - and we see the bad influence of this cheap spirit.
Believe it or not, replica maotai is a big business

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

mark3

Renowned Member
27/7/14
Believe it or not, replica maotai is a big business

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk
Taiwanese replica moutai is just 10 euros a bottle in Netherlands. So i think in china even less. You also might be surprised but many people in china are now richer than in the West

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G901F met Tapatalk

higginsd

I'm Pretty Popular
31/10/12
Replica Moutai... this world is bad, so bad! :)

I know there are many richer people in Asia/China - but I don't think these people work at a replica watch maker factory...

wooky492

Put Some Respect On My Name
21/9/12
I've got no time for this... since Porto 7-days is coming out soon ;-D

tick_tack

13/9/14
noo couldnt see any difference. But my strap is positioned right :thumbup::laugh:

korneevy

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
26/12/10
136e6a3774cce41180ef443658f666ea.jpg

Here you go, daylight taken in the shadows

pippo

10/1/10
Here you go, daylight taken in the shadows

It looks good!

Just a couple of questions

- how about the datewheel? Are the numbers 1 - 9 well aligned?
- are there signs/hairlines on the AR coating? it seems to be pretty good out of the box

Thanks korneevy

korneevy

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
26/12/10
It looks good!

Just a couple of questions

- how about the datewheel? Are the numbers 1 - 9 well aligned?
- are there signs/hairlines on the AR coating? it seems to be pretty good out of the box

Thanks korneevy

Numbers are OK aligned, better than most I've seen but not perfect, in my opinion... But is also the design flaw as this three day date wheel looks crooked even in most gens, but it's likely optical illusion at certain angles rather than execution problem.

AR is indeed excellent, looks like it is double sided - but may be not - and if it is, then it will likely to get scratches over time, so will see.

pippo

10/1/10
AR is double sided for sure, hopefully the coating is not too prone to get scratched.

As for the datewheel, misaligned dates are unbearable to me, a datewheel replacement is mandatory. I have a spare dw from puretime (mark xvi) ...the font should be the same.

Thanks korneevy, enjoy your new watch.

merowinger

I'm Pretty Popular
10/7/13
Switzerland
What more can we ask of a rep for 350 bucks? It's a beauty. I like especially the dial colour. Gonna be my next one. Maybe with another strap (black). Thanks for the picture...and enyoy it!