• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Guy's intro and first 116610 Franken build thread

bc1221

Put Some Respect On My Name
30/4/14
Holy crap! That’s one hell of a build. Very expensive learning lessons as well. That’s a great looking piece for sure.

Why did you need a gen date seating plate? Was the SA too high? I’ve heard that problem for SH3135s but I heard that was fixed by the factory. Never heard about this on a SA.

Either way, that’s one hell of a intro and a first build.

Reactions: alfonzo

alfonzo

25/7/19
Holy crap! That’s one hell of a build. Very expensive learning lessons as well. That’s a great looking piece for sure.

Why did you need a gen date seating plate? Was the SA too high? I’ve heard that problem for SH3135s but I heard that was fixed by the factory. Never heard about this on a SA.

Either way, that’s one hell of a intro and a first build.

The movement started out as the SH then I got the VR and switched back to the VR seating and it worked great. Then I bought a complete Gen 3135 and now the VR I built is going into the 5 digit Tiffany build.

bc1221

Put Some Respect On My Name
30/4/14
The movement started out as the SH then I got the VR and switched back to the VR seating and it worked great. Then I bought a complete Gen 3135 and now the VR I built is going into the 5 digit Tiffany build.

Was the SH bad? Or did you just prefer the VR?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

alfonzo

25/7/19
Was the SH bad? Or did you just prefer the VR?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought the SH and starting building that while I was waiting for the Noob V9 to arrive. Once the Noob got to me it had the VR in it. I thought I was getting a V9 but looks like I got the V10.

So I rebuilt the movement using the VR and the gen parts I had used in the SH. I had not planned it that way but once the watch got here it changed my plans. The VR is SO much nicer than the SH at least the SH I had from a fit and finish perspective. Outside of the fit and finish the main difference between the 2 was the VR's use of banking pins for the pallet fork. The HS is more like the gen in that regard.