• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New GL factory Glashutte Original Senator Moon Phase Big Date with REAL big date and correct proportions

Yacht-Monster

The entertainer previously known as Roughwatch
Supporter
Certified
7/6/21
The Eternal Winter
I almost ordered the GGR version but the smaller date put me off paying a premium for it. This GL version looks amazing. I've asked my TD to source it. Thanks for posting this @pistebasher

Yacht-Monster

Supporter
Certified
7/6/21
The Eternal Winter
I almost ordered the GGR version but the smaller date put me off paying a premium for it. This GL version looks amazing. I've asked my TD to source it. Thanks for posting this @pistebasher

kiasunkiasi

16/6/23
Malaysia

🧐 Date reads "32"
if you can read Chinese, you will understand why the photo showing 32
basically the words under the 32 explains that there are two date wheels, first has digits of 0 to 3 and the other has digits of 0 to 9, and the watch will be showing 32 after 31, in such situation the wearer will have to manually adjust the date wheels to show correct date

Onepickledginger

Gone Gin
Patron
Certified
9/8/20
3FDfRb.jpeg

@Procurator

Last edited:
Reactions: cyprusdaedalus

Yacht-Monster

Supporter
Certified
7/6/21
The Eternal Winter
Nonetheless, this is so close to gen that I've just placed and order with my TD. I'll post photos here, but the date window size is so good. All other reps of this were so small compared to the gen. I'm excited about this watch given how close it is. Now, if ZF would make a decent Tudor BB Chrono then I'd be happy!

Onepickledginger

Gone Gin
Patron
Certified
9/8/20
Nonetheless, this is so close to gen that I've just placed and order with my TD. I'll post photos here, but the date window size is so good. All other reps of this were so small compared to the gen. I'm excited about this watch given how close it is. Now, if ZF would make a decent Tudor BB Chrono then I'd be happy!
Even gen "big date" complications are known to commonly have issues. They frequently get out of alignment and are a PITA for watchmakers. One thing I noticed in the pics above is that the second digit seems "sunken" compared to the first. Will be curious to see QC.

Plaasbaas

IWC-hoarder and PAM-hunter
Supporter
Certified
4/4/21
Germany

Really curious to see real life pictures of this one.

• Haha
Reactions: Yacht-Monster

Yacht-Monster

Supporter
Certified
7/6/21
The Eternal Winter
Even gen "big date" complications are known to commonly have issues. They frequently get out of alignment and are a PITA for watchmakers. One thing I noticed in the pics above is that the second digit seems "sunken" compared to the first. Will be curious to see QC.
Thanks mate, although you may be correct, it's kind of like telling someone who just bought a certain brand of car that you think it's a lemon and will likely break down :LOL:. I'll post QC pics once I receive them.

Reactions: Luquito

Yacht-Monster

Supporter
Certified
7/6/21
The Eternal Winter
The GGR version has the same sunken single digit wheel as it turns left to right while the left had numbered wheel turns vertically. Hopefully this isn't the same but time will tell.

Onepickledginger

Gone Gin
Patron
Certified
9/8/20
Thanks mate, although you may be correct, it's kind of like telling someone who just bought a certain brand of car that you think it's a lemon and will likely break down :LOL:. I'll post QC pics once I receive them.
I had the same feeling when I purchased the JLC Duoface rep and that worked out. Best of luck and look forward to seeing the QC!

Reactions: Yacht-Monster

Onepickledginger

Gone Gin
Patron
Certified
9/8/20
The GGR version has the same sunken single digit wheel as it turns left to right while the left had numbered wheel turns vertically. Hopefully this isn't the same but time will tell.
If it doesn't scratch the big date itch for you, Mido has a bunch of big date watches from $500-$1100. This MidoNaut looks interesting.

Yacht-Monster

Supporter
Certified
7/6/21
The Eternal Winter
If it doesn't scratch the big date itch for you, Mido has a bunch of big date watches from $500-$1100. This MidoNaut looks interesting.

Thanks mate, that’s a very nice looking watch. Rare to find big dates on watches so this could be a good buy.