• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Gen release alert: Blancpain Milspec "Act 3"

ward1991

Luminor-Based
Patron
Certified
24/7/13
H1zm0p.jpeg

Classic Film Yes GIF by GritTV

ward1991

Luminor-Based
Patron
Certified
24/7/13
Please make a rep of this!
There are not enough black on bronze reps for sure.

Case material is 9k bronze gold. I'm wondering if their recipe is the same as omega, 50% copper, 37% gold and some other metals. I wonder what the tarnish is like on those because i dont think they will get tourquoise layer like true bronze does, so if the gens don't tarnish, it would be a curious rep. The factories would make it like other bronze watches I would assume, so it would tarnish like any other bronze rep, I personally wouldn't care.

Reactions: rockdaytona

APjumbo

Just one more
Supporter
Certified
11/1/11
Canada
Speaking of bronze gold, I was in an AD the other day and saw a bronze gold seamaster. It stopped me in my tracks and I had to ask the nice lady if it was bronze or gold, I didn’t realize there was a mixture.

It looked just awesome.

Reactions: ward1991

Soft666

Looking Around
6/12/23
Speaking of bronze gold, I was in an AD the other day and saw a bronze gold seamaster. It stopped me in my tracks and I had to ask the nice lady if it was bronze or gold, I didn’t realize there was a mixture.

It looked just awesome.
Sign me up as well 👍

Horace_Derwent

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
7/1/13
Cyberspace
Cool material combination for this super expensive FF, the box is horrible in my opinion, tacky and ugly

Blancpain-fifty-fathoms-Act-3-Box-768x503.jpg
TiMrbfA1DyGaZ6htl7l0BVTL4wB1GEKmgQoZvpL5.jpg

Gold + Bronze is a cool mix, but for me the Sinn Goldbronze and Breitling 's own Gold +Bronze are better in my humble opinion

Breitling%20Superocean%20Automatic%2044_Bronze_002.jpg

For all these alloys, the Bronze is treated and it will not change colour and oxidize...

Last edited:
Reactions: arna67 and Karbon74

On-it

Horology Curious
15/1/24
Hi, new here,
Im looking to buy my first homage, fifty fathoms been on my radar, been searching for few weeks for the right one!
prefer vintage style than the modern interpreatation but that is growing on me.

I found this Thorn version but would prefer stainless steel than brass/copper or whatever it is,
seen steel diver's version but not happy with its 52mm lug to lug. may end up buying Rdunae no logo but only grips is the 19mm lug spacing,
can anyone suggest others ?

molivio

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
19/10/15
wow, that's really good for a cheapie. Am now holding hope a high quality one is on the way