• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New for 2024. What do you think?

Slugger

Absent Minded Professor
Supporter
Certified
17/9/20
CONUS
K8vveK.webp

• Love
Reactions: EuroTime25

Slugger

Absent Minded Professor
Supporter
Certified
17/9/20
CONUS
Yes, yes, and yes!!!

That Daytona is so pimped out that it can be said for sure the days of Paul Newman are long forgotten. Less is more.

The achromatic GMT is stealthy but not something I’m interested in. It may grow on me.

I think the 1908 is…I have nothing to say about the 1908 except I like the dial

g00n

Cunning linguist & Master debater
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
1/9/16
Yes, yes, and yes!!!

That Daytona is so pimped out that it can be said for sure the days of Paul Newman are long forgotten. Less is more.

The achromatic GMT is stealthy but not something I’m interested in. It may grow on me.

I think the 1908 is…I have nothing to say about the 1908 except I like the dial
If I had to pick a favourite out of the new releases…
K8vgEF.jpeg

Reactions: rolexianer

Slugger

Absent Minded Professor
Supporter
Certified
17/9/20
CONUS
On a second look, I noticed the “GMT MASTER II” and the GMT hand are green.

Minus 4 points.

Reactions: Mkempes

cyprusdaedalus

Wannabe Watchmaker
Supporter
Certified
16/4/22
I think we can count the hours instead of days until clean releases the "Bruce Wayne" GMT?

Feefo

Your cleverness is mistaken for your cleverness
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/5/22
EU
I'm baffled at how everyone is finding that blue dial nice. It's not even a dress watch anymore, what is it? Who would wear it? When? Why (when a Seiko cocktail will cost me a fraction and have the same effect)?

Slugger

Absent Minded Professor
Supporter
Certified
17/9/20
CONUS
I'm baffled at how everyone is finding that blue dial nice. It's not even a dress watch anymore, what is it? Who would wear it? When? Why (when a Seiko cocktail will cost me a fraction and have the same effect)?
Dude! I know you have impeccable taste and I do respect your opinion.

I assume you’re referring to the 1908? If so, I agree. That color looks like blue cotton candy. Too bad because the sculpted guillochage pattern is really, really cool.

But…if you mean the Deepsea, which I don’t considered a dress watch, en grade my friend, we must cross swords. 😡

Reactions: Feefo

Feefo

Your cleverness is mistaken for your cleverness
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/5/22
EU

I assume you’re referring to the 1908? If so, I agree. That color looks like blue cotton candy. Too bad because the sculpted guillochage pattern is really, really cool.

But…if you mean the Deepsea, which I don’t considered a dress watch, en grade my friend, we must cross swords. 😡
Yes I meant the 1908
Thank God Seinfeld GIF by HULU

Zeta7

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
9/11/23

Never cross sword with another fella. I won’t even pull mine out around another man. 😂Just saying

TerryRobot

Known Member
13/9/15
Meh! the GMT has alread been done to be fair granted it not from the factory and getting hold of the jubilee is a pain, ive seen peops who own both the LN and BRLO or BLNR jsut swap bracelets between them. The only differnce is a grey lower half to the insert which will be barely noticeable in the real world as it will look light the light is in a normal black one like it does in the pictures! Im sure loads drop their toursers for it!

The Gold Deepsea look nice as the blue gold colour combo works well on a sub too and the old YM2 but not really a tool watch when its in gold, not sure many will ever be used less than 10m down!

The Daytona is only for John Mayer and Rick Ross and maybe a few others and they wont pay for them either!

The Cellini looking one isnt bad but Cellini never really lit the world on fire so not sure how this is, if you want something simple and un complicated as a dress watch then Patek have this covered (granted you need to sell a small south american country for them) or maybe IWC or Breguet which i think it looks very simialr to their classic 5140

All in all bit lack lustre line up for this 4, what they best thing they could of done is just shown the following models

BLRO
BLNR
White Face Daytona
Polar Explorer (even better if they lauched it with a white ceramic bezel that rotates, but can be locked)

With a slogan "We heard you! We now have stock! Coming to an AD near you from Monday! "20% off Retail for anyone who has given their name to the waiting list!" The waiting list being just a roll of toilet paper the AD's use to wipe your name across themselves for clean up!

That would make the grey market dealers panic!

Reality is there will bo know stock! Mainly cos ambassadors and celebs will take the first round of production at zero cost, and then the AD's will only offer them selectively to their big spenders who inturn will not really want them but take them anyway as the grey market guy down the road will pay with a liver for it to show he has "contacts" and stock!

Reactions: Slugger