• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Fifty Fathoms Watch With the World’s First 3-Hour Dive Timer

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15

3ezR8b.webp

3ezNLi.webp

Blancpain upstages the first act of its 70th Anniversary Fifty Fathoms editionwith a second act that raises the curtain on a world-first in watchmaking. The Fifty Fathoms Act 2 Tech Gombessa can time dives of up to three hours compared to the usual 60 minutes. Both Fify Fathoms Act 1 and 2 kick off what is promised to be a year of memorable performances to celebrate seven decades of the diver. The Tech Gombessa is a game-changer for the brand and heralds a new line called Fifty Fathoms Tech, which will encompass all Blancpain watches dedicated to technical scuba diving.

Act 1, a limited edition of 210 pieces—three sets of 70—was not much of a departure from recent designs (date window at 4 o’clock, 300-meter water resistance, domed sapphire bezel insert), with the exception of a special caseback engraving and a slightly scaled-down 42 mm size (the Fifty Fathoms maxes out at 45). Act 2, the Fifty Fathoms Tech Gombessa measures 47 mm—the largest in the collection so far. Gone is the 4 o’clock date window, and the sapphire bezel has been replaced with a ceramic ring that is curved inward towards the dial.

APjumbo

Just one more
Supporter
Certified
11/1/11
Canada
Nice! I just came here looking for info on this as Robb report link is now broken.
Looks kind of titanium but I’m sure they would have said so if it was.

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15

Gab miyamoto

Admiral
Supporter
Certified
22/5/20
DXB
I want to see how vs factory will make this complicated design..

Zf have similar work with omaga seamaster close on this

Let us wait and see