• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Favorite Beer (and Panerai)

laytechs

2/5/12
Had this beer (Tripel Karmeliet)at a local bar called Brass Taps, and loved it. It was $9 a bottle. I found some at my local spirit store, and here I am.
http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/202/656/
2qs8714.jpg

Any one else like this beer?:cheers:

Reactions: Dynaboy2

Cadmito

20/3/11
Fantastic beer. Really a classic Belgian Ale and at around 10% ABV it tastes much better and gives the same amount of alcohol as two typical crap light beers. So, easily worth the 9 bucks

laytechs

2/5/12
It's probably urine from a unicorn...

One can only speculate.

Fantastic beer. Really a classic Belgian Ale and at around 10% ABV it tastes much better and gives the same amount of alcohol as two typical crap light beers. So, easily worth the 9 bucks

Yes it taste very good. I got a big bottle at the local spirit store (size of a wine bottel) for $9, so it's like the price of buying wine. Which ain't too bad.

waterluver

Put Some Respect On My Name
3/7/11

thanks for the info--good to know

Cadmito

20/3/11
9 bucks for the big (25oz) bottle is quite a good price. I can't get good Belgians for less than 11 at a beer store. Enjoy.

For anyone who is interested. Similar ones you'll find in the US are Delirium Tremens, Corsendonk Abbey Ale, Rochefort 6/8/10, Westmalle Double/Triple, Duvel and Chimay. All very good if you like that style

laytechs

2/5/12
9 bucks for the big (25oz) bottle is quite a good price. I can't get good Belgians for less than 11 at a beer store. Enjoy.

For anyone who is interested. Similar ones you'll find in the US are Delirium Tremens, Corsendonk Abbey Ale, Rochefort 6/8/10, Westmalle Double/Triple, Duvel and Chimay. All very good if you like that style

These are next in line for me to try out.

Lorentzo

4/5/10

I can definitely vote for the rochefort 10. One of my favourites! Westmalle double and triple are also very nice, chimay was the first Belgian ale I tried and I liked it a lot. Another favourite of mine is Kwak. Don't know if you have it in the US but I can recommend it as it is a good beer that doesn't cost a fortune.

miihkali

31/12/10
Yes, the Rochefort is very good also.
Not for the first timers as its 11.3% abv, although the alcohol is well hidden behind the huge flavors of the beer.

samejy3a.jpg

guru

Advisor
Advisor
30/9/06
for that money I buy a bottle of red wine.
No head on the beer? It looks ugly to me.

Sent from Gurus iPad using Tapatalk

Cadmito

20/3/11
I can definitely vote for the rochefort 10. One of my favourites! Westmalle double and triple are also very nice, chimay was the first Belgian ale I tried and I liked it a lot. Another favourite of mine is Kwak. Don't know if you have it in the US but I can recommend it as it is a good beer that doesn't cost a fortune.

Oh yea I've had Kwak. Its that one served in the weird glass that you keep upright in the wooden holder. Kind of odd but a good beer nonetheless. Belgians and good craft beer in general has had a huge surge here in the US. I'm in NYC and can get really good beer from 3 places within two blocks. So great to see more and more people getting into it

christysinha

Looking Around
25/2/13
This is new and tasty beer for beer lovers. You can find it in pubs and bars. Pubs are best place to get variety of drinks and enjoyment. Now days pubs also provides delicious food and sports for sports lovers. There are many types of alcohol such as whisky, beer , vodka and many more.

brew pub for sale