• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Driver this season? Razr Fit

co-axial

Legendary Member
Advisor
16/9/10
Hey Guys, thinking of a new driver for the upcomming golf season. This model from Callaway (Razr Fit) is new to the european market.

razr.jpg

http://www.callawaygolf.com/global/en-us/golf-equipment/golf-clubs/drivers/razr-fit-driver.html

Looking for specs, 10.5 stiff flex maybe aldila nvs or fujikura blur

Has anybody played this club yet? General thoughts?

I heard only of good tests (with the magazines) and wanted your comments before making an appointement for testing in April on the range.

Thanks

co-ax

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
I have always played the Calaway Drivers. I still have a biggest birtha tbh. I don't think you can go wrong with a new driver, any new driver. They have come along way. Q5 might be the better person to chime in, but if you swing 85-95MPH and are an average player I think this driver would be good for you. I myself like a 9.5 Degree. ;)

co-axial

Legendary Member
Advisor
16/9/10
I have always played the Calaway Drivers. I still have a biggest birtha tbh. I don't think you can go wrong with a new driver, any new driver. They have come along way. Q5 might be the better person to chime in, but if you swing 85-95MPH and are an average player I think this driver would be good for you. I myself like a 9.5 Degree. ;)

Thanks R2, am a little (very little :facepalm:) better than average :) 10.5 suits my swing best. Am playing Cleveland HiBore XLS Fujikura Stiff flex atm

I tend to fade my drives a little bit; so i´m looking for a driver with options on club head

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
It feels very good. I hit it at a demo day a few weeks back. Go for it!

Just don't swing too hard.........

optifit-technolgy.jpg

This happened after I used theirs..:lol:

frigpig

Ghost of Sales Mod Past
Advisor
16/8/09
If your pushing a high bore a little this club or any adjustable won't really solve that by closing the face a little.

The high bore is my favorite driver in the last several years IMO. Other than the noisy insanity it makes, it's as long and more importantly, forgiving than most drivers to date.

I fight off the urge to buy new equipment every season.

I don't want to sound out of line, or tell you to do anything, but take the $300 you'd spend on that driver and get a package of privte lessons from a PGA pro. Money much better spent with the driver you allready own. ;)

cybee

Legendary Member
Supporter
23/11/06
Wow you guys have all the latest stuff. I have 13 year old Hogan irons and play a Bang driver 9 degree. Someday it would be nice to get professionally fitted.

co-ax back to his old avatar :lol1:

co-axial

Legendary Member
Advisor
16/9/10
I fight off the urge to buy new equipment every season.

I don't want to sound out of line, or tell you to do anything, but take the $300 you'd spend on that driver and get a package of privte lessons from a PGA pro. Money much better spent with the driver you allready own. ;)

lol, same with me.

I always do some lessons with my pro at the beginning of season :)

I will try the driver before i buy (and others) in April with a pro ;)

Wow you guys have all the latest stuff. I have 13 year old Hogan irons and play a Bang driver 9 degree. Someday it would be nice to get professionally fitted.

co-ax back to his old avatar :lol1:

:lol1::lol1::lol1::lol1:

rhounsell

Known Member
16/12/11
Hey Guys, thinking of a new driver for the upcomming golf season. This model from Callaway (Razr Fit) is new to the european market.

Has anybody played this club yet? General thoughts?

I heard only of good tests (with the magazines) and wanted your comments before making an appointement for testing in April on the range.

Thanks

co-ax

I went to a golf expo just recently and tested out this driver.

-Very normal looking from address (I'm not a fan of graphics in view from address).

-It feels a little smaller (cc wise) then my driver (r9), might not be 460cc

-Very easy to hit, I tried it with the aldila Rip'd NV stiff, 9.5* (very similar to my own setup) and it was very forgiving

-I didn't try any face adjustments, but another pro compared to my driver is that when you're adjusting the face it doesn't require the shaft of the club to be rotated (with my r9 on it's current setting my grip is basically upside down)

Overall a nice driver and a good jump up the ladder for Callaway because it feels like they've been a little behind lately.

Hope that helps some

co-axial

Legendary Member
Advisor
16/9/10
I went to a golf expo just recently and tested out this driver.

-Very normal looking from address (I'm not a fan of graphics in view from address).

-It feels a little smaller (cc wise) then my driver (r9), might not be 460cc

-Very easy to hit, I tried it with the aldila Rip'd NV stiff, 9.5* (very similar to my own setup) and it was very forgiving

-I didn't try any face adjustments, but another pro compared to my driver is that when you're adjusting the face it doesn't require the shaft of the club to be rotated (with my r9 on it's current setting my grip is basically upside down)

Overall a nice driver and a good jump up the ladder for Callaway because it feels like they've been a little behind lately.

Hope that helps some

Thanks for the insight and input rhounsell. :)

co-axial

Legendary Member
Advisor
16/9/10
Tried it out last weekend, no love 'cause no improvement in accuracy - will invest in pro hours now for hitting woods better ( accuracy). Probably better invested money

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

co-axial

Legendary Member
Advisor
16/9/10
Update:

Got fitted today and bought a new weapon ;)

Callaway x hot
11.5 ( yes, 11.5, my ball flight ( height) was poor)
Regular red graffaloy high kick 60 grams
Callaway grip 4 wraps
329,95 Euro incl. 2 doz. Balls as a goodie

I hit around 220 yards with 87 mph averaged ( while fitting )

Sad part: will take two weeks to get it in hands.

Fore!

co-axial

Legendary Member
Advisor
16/9/10
Update. Played my new Driver by now ;)
They assemble Callaway in GB for custom orders, I always thought everything goes to Carlsbad.

20130703_104347_zps9b95ca34.jpg

20130703_104329_zps399fb89e.jpg