• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

signatures and banners

relayman

12/9/09
I seem to remember a thread on how to create and post a signature banner but cannot locate the thread now. I have been able to attach a link to an image to my signature but not the actual image.

All suggestions, directions appreciated

jcrry2

I'm Pretty Popular
10/7/09
you can go into edit signiture and put
and put the link url between the brackets to get the pic
penguinsdancing.gif

Stops

Known Member
13/12/09
EU
That doesn't do the trick. I'm also having trouble putting my picture in the sig. Its over those 9.8kb that is says its the maximum and the 500 x 150 or whatever, but I see that many users have bigger and "heavier" pictures in the sig.
When I upload it from my comp the forum automatically re sizes it and when I put the link of the image than it says that its to big...
:S

relayman

12/9/09
Thanks JC, but shown below is what I have in my signature block.

penguinsdancing.gif

sigpic22878_6.gif

sigpic22878_5.gif

You get dancers I get the alphabet.

OK it works when you do that in the main body of the message. But how to get it in the signature block?

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
Try loading something simple first, the signature with 3 photo's or links might not fit into the frame of what is allowed by the signature field where as, it is in the body of your message where the dancing penguins show up now. Mine is turned off so I cannot see signatures but I am sure it's working.

I think you might have to be a VIP though to have sigs.
Edit: No you don't need to be VIP for the sig or Avatar.

ThinkBachs

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
9/2/09
You're almost there. Don't insert it as a link.

User CP >>> Edit Signature >>> Your Signature >>>
In the box, insert the code as {img]http://i415.photobucket.com/albums/pp236/Keefers_/Animated/penguinsdancing.gif[/img} Replace { }'s with [ ]'s

Anopsis

I'm Pretty Popular
5/8/09
I think the answer lies in the fact that it's a GIF - I'm guessing it's animated, and that's not allowed in signatures.

EDIT: I didn't see the last one of the Omega. I was referring to the penguins above.

Is this what's in your sig?

{IMG}http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i226/fran9110/omegatransparent.png{/IMG}

Except the "{" should be "[" for it to work.

relayman

12/9/09
Thanks guys, but all of the suggestions so far have been tried. Still no signature image.

DonBrizzel

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
10/8/09
Even easier. Hit the picture button (its the button with the gray mountain and sun. Then just paste the link in there. No

relayman

12/9/09
No mountains or suns to click on.

Anopsis, when I copy your banner to my "Edit Signature" and then add
still no dice.

What do you see when you open your edit signature in the preview section. The banner or a link?

ThinkBachs

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
9/2/09
If it looks like this when you save it, you should be all set. Other than that, I don't know what to tell you...

RWI---Edit-Signature_12610141700-1.png

Anopsis

I'm Pretty Popular
5/8/09
Ok, let's step through this:

User CP / Edit Signature

Now look at the Edit Signature box. Does it have the indicated row of icons, and the photo icon?

tut1.png

If not, go to Edit Options on the left side menu and scroll down to Miscellaneous Options. The Message Editor Interface should look like this:

tut2.png

Then do what I show in this video clip. If none of this works there are deeper issues an admin will have to get involved with. :)

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Damn if I know guys, I tried both in the admin page but it just won't appear. Fran's is actualy showing in the preview window but not in the forum. Some wierd problem. Try PMing csquared and asking him since he's the expert.

Col.

Stops

Known Member
13/12/09
EU
Thank you Anopsis for all the effort but I don't even have the "Insert image" icon...
Believe me, this is not the first forum I'm on so I know how to put a pic in the signature...but something is strange here...

EDIT - I do have Enhanced Interface - Full WYSIWYG Editing

relayman

12/9/09
Anopsis; thanks for taking the time. As you can see progress has been made. Now that I know how, I will work on a better banner. The mountain button only shows up when I am replying to a thread as now.

Thanks again

WHOOPEE!!!!!

penguinsdancing.gif

:notworthy:

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
Fran let's do an experiment. I will temporarily give you a VIP membership. I maintain that after 30-40 posts or VIP your sig or avatar will be visible let's see. :)

Edit, that is the issue. :) The custom Avatar and Signature are only made visible when you make a certain post count or upgrade to VIP.