• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Diver BP factory

shirazir

Horology Curious
16/11/16
Want this! It's probably not a super-rep, but seriously, who's going to call you out?

trtr

Renowned Member
10/3/13
Hopefully they release the version with the ceramic bezel and black dial.

RonP

Renowned Member
11/10/19
UK
I hope they give the free alternative strap like the gen does. The blue strap on the grey dial looks great.

andy_fin

Renowned Member
Certified
4/3/21
Europa
I hope they give the free alternative strap like the gen does. The blue strap on the grey dial looks great.

I really don't think they will. But I would be more interested in that deployant clasp - seems they didn't rep it yet.

andy_fin

Renowned Member
Certified
4/3/21
Europa
I think that for the factory to cook up something as nice as this, it must have taken them a lot of scalp scratching. Comparing this to the gen will of course be like comparing mini-me to dr evil, same-same but very different. Such is the issue with AP reps in general, it will be unwise to lose sleep and follicles over it. It will be a nice watch to wear and enjoy for what it is. If I am saving a lot of money in shampoo costs for example, I may invest in one just for the heck of it.

How reasonable/feasible would it be to expect a V2 with A2824 and that new fancy deployant clasp? Or another more reputable factory to come out with this? I have been waiting for this rep to arrive ever since the gen was released - high-beat movement and that new clasp being one of the reasons why. I just don't know how long it normally takes for rep industry to get to a gen-like/NWBIG level since I haven't been around in the rep game that long. But at least it looks like it didn't take that long for 15500 to become quite close in many regards.

I hope I'm making sense :D

andy_fin

Renowned Member
Certified
4/3/21
Europa
ZF seem to be the AP masters, it might be worthwhile to wait until next year.

You speak wisdom my friend. It really is best to wait for ZF or JF for this one. Especially ZF given that JF needed 9.5 or 10 iterations to get it right.

RonP

Renowned Member
11/10/19
UK
You speak wisdom my friend. It really is best to wait for ZF or JF for this one. Especially ZF given that JF needed 9.5 or 10 iterations to get it right.

I'm sure ZF are working on it as we speak. Hopefully we should get something by the end of this year or early next year.

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
The blue is the least appealing to me, it looks decently executed albeit gives a “cheap” vibe all around; not that the gen looks much nicer to be frank..

leo6929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
2/5/16
Not a die hard fan of APs, but this one looks incredible. In the purchase wish list if ZF releases it.

Reactions: RonP

andy_fin

Renowned Member
Certified
4/3/21
Europa
quick strap change is faux btw.

Yeah I was about to ask someone who understood the video. I did see that he has spent some time on the topic.
To me, the main point of this new diver is that strap release system and the deployant clasp. I hope they rep those 2 things soon.

ShiroTenshi

Mythical Poster
7/12/11
Yeah I was about to ask someone who understood the video. I did see that he has spent some time on the topic.
To me, the main point of this new diver is that strap release system and the deployant clasp. I hope they rep those 2 things soon.

The new strap change system will make custom strap almost impossible, not a good news for user IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

andy_fin

Renowned Member
Certified
4/3/21
Europa
The new strap change system will make custom strap almost impossible, not a good news for user IMO.
Ah I see your point. But I am sure there will be custom straps with this system. Anyway - I quite like it. But what I really like and want to have is that new deployant clasp!

RedBearrd

Wrist Admirer
Certified
22/11/17
The Netherlands 🇳🇱
See https://www.wristwatchspot.com

Several close up photos
14b7c53d3d204dfe1641a8da675e1911.jpg

Reactions: leo6929