• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Deepsea just released D-Blue

pecu

You're Saying I Can Sell?
23/7/14
It looks like a bad chinese fantasy watch...

Thats not very Rolex. Its like a "buy this bluray and win this promotional watch as a gift". Now lets wait for the Mickey-Mouse-Star-Wars-Yacht-Master-Space-Edition, or maybe the Donald Trump one-more-building-sky-dweller?

They should have made it completely dark-blue.

they have transformed a GREAT tool watch into a carnaval watch. I wouldnt wear something that was made in tribute to James Cameron, as much as I like Titanic

hautehorloge

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
12/7/13
nasu7yme.jpg

qy6a5e8e.jpg

Awful. Just awful.

wittnauer

29/11/12
I love it!!

OYSTER PERPETUAL ROLEX DEEPSEA
CATEGORY: Professional watch
CASE: Oyster (monobloc middle case, screw-down
case back and winding crown). Ringlock System case architecture with nitrogen-alloyed steel ring Helium escape valve
DIAMETER: 44mm
MATERIALS: 904L steel, case back in grade 5 titanium
WINDING CROWN: Screw-down, Triplock triple water-proofness system
CROWN GUARD: Integral part of the middle case
CRYSTAL: Domed, 5.5 mm-thick, scratch-resistant, synthetic sapphire.
BEZEL: Unidirectional rotatable 60-minute graduated; Cerachrom insert made of ceramic, numerals and graduations coated in platinum via PVD
WATERPROOFNESS: 3,900 m (12,800 ft)
MOVEMENT: Calibre 3135, Manufacture Rolex Mechanical movement, bidirectional self-winding via Perpetual rotor
PRECISION: Officially certified Swiss chronometer (COSC)
FUNCTIONS: Centre hour, minute and seconds hands Instantaneous date with rapid setting, Stop-seconds for precise time setting
OSCILLATOR: Frequency: 28,800 beats / hour (4 Hz)
Paramagnetic blue Parachrom hairspring with Breguet overcoil
Large balance wheel with variable inertia, high-precision regulating via gold Microstella nuts
POWER RESERVE: Approximately 48 hours
BRACELET: Oyster; folding Oysterlock safety clasp with Rolex Glidelock system for fine adjustment of bracelet length, and Fliplock extension link

I would buy it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

egroegart

Put Some Respect On My Name
1/7/13
Rolex has made tribute watches before. this is no different. It's a beautiful piece. Of course everyone has a different opinion, but nothing out of the ordinary for them to produce this watch. That was a Rolex sponsored event which tested the challenger to over 12,000 feet or whatever it was. I'd say a tribute watch is definitely in order. Now I wonder what the price is? probably really outrageous.

Shooboo

Renowned Member
8/9/13
i think this watch looks great!
then again itd be a boring hobby if we all liked the same things

D

d4m.test

It´s just one of many future variations to come. Kind of like the deep-blue but will need some time to get used to it.

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
I wonder if thats just an artists concept or if that is a real watch they used for their pictures....

Its got the old dial fonts on it...the flat "S"

DdDd7QY.jpg

egroegart

Put Some Respect On My Name
1/7/13
LOL. they repped it already? no way. Did you photoshop that Tako?

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
I like it!

Throw it on a NATO and its a great beach watch.

SUMIKITO

Supporter and Senior Purveyor of YouTube News
Supporter
5/4/13
San Marino, California
It's already in the Rolex official website. Why the dial is like that and why the 'deepsea' print is in green, is all explained there. He, James Cameron volunteered and asked Rolex to build something that whould go down with him in his craft. That was a year before he did it. And Rolex said, hey all we got is this damn DeapSea Sea Dweller thing. We cant strap this to the arms of your craft. It would be crushed !! But then after a couple of weeks. 5 weeks or so, Rolex said, hey James, we got a watch here that will go to the deepest part of the ocean. Check it out. All in a couple of weeks of hard work !! Do you mind if we strap it in your crafts arms. He said. yeah great, you are welcome !!! And it went down, survived like new, kept COSC time and that was history !! So Rolex thanks the man for the free ride with a "Tribute Watch" !! Wouldn't you ? Rolex had nothing to do with funding the dive. James would have gone down without the Challenge watch. He is awfully loaded. Damn loaded! It was more of a science ting for him. National Geographic was already in the running with him long before Rolex. That's the short story on that. The long story is on the web. Google is your friend folks !! It looks nice to those who 'know'. And of course ugly as hell to non Rolex guys. I think its OK. Oh, and the retail price will be about $13,000 US dollars. So what'll it be, a new Corolla, a new Civic, or this watch honey ???? Please honey, I need a new watch !! ..................................................................................................................................... By the way, there are no Reps on this one yet, none. zero, zilch !!! Not yet !! ! No 'poof' !! show me , yup, show me the Rep !!! That picture of that watch on post number 11 was stolen off Hodinkee, here see for yourselves, http://www.hodinkee.com/blog/introducing-the-new-rolex-xxxxxx And like the poster of the picture said, " he got it from a reliable source" [post 14] and me too, I got it from the "true" source !! Hodinkee is the true source !! Oh, yes. I believe in "Godzilla', he sleeps in my back yard. Go to the Rolex website and see the real color, not that bad color depicted on that pic.