• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Chronomat 41 Airborne

tkingjr

Watches & woodworking
Gold Patron
Certified
7/4/16
Northeast USA and Shenzhen, China
Wow mate. How long did that take? Didn’t you order it a long time ago? Or am I experiencing RWI time dysmorphia?

Yes, the process was a bit long. I am used to waiting for my watches. Here is the timeline.
Placed order April 4th
Discovered spelling error on May 7th. Changed my order to V2
V2 QC pics arrived May 17th
Watch failed testing. Returned to GF May 28th
2nd watch failed testing. Returned to GF June 18th
3rd watch passed testing, QC pics approved. Ready to ship June 28th
I told my TD to hold till I arrive in China on July 23rd.
Watch arrived next day July 24th.

Image-3-2019-07-26-16-27-00.jpg

Last edited:

Ams55557

Renowned Member
16/3/18
Yes, the process was a bit long. I am used to waiting for my watches. Here is the timeline.
Placed order April 4th
Discovered spelling error on May 7th. Changed my order to V2
V2 QC pics arrived May 17th
Watch failed testing. Returned to GF May 28th
2nd watch failed testing. Returned to GF June 18th
3rd watch passed testing, QC pics approved. Ready to ship June 28th
I told my TD to hold till I arrive in China on July 23rd.
Watch arrived next day July 24th.

Back to work I see.
What drama.
How did they fail? I just ordered a tourby and realized I have no idea what a QC will look like. The more details the better.

tkingjr

Watches & woodworking
Gold Patron
Certified
7/4/16
Northeast USA and Shenzhen, China
Ams55557
The first two watches stopped running in less than 24 hours with a full wind. The third the rotor was making too much noise.

Most of my watches are Breitling's. I start with BreitlingSource.com to check to make sure the model number is correct. Then I find clear photos of Gen's front and back so I can compare to the Rep. Then I read as much about the watch on RWI so I know about flaws I may have missed. I also want to know what factory is making the watch. If no factory name is mentioned on the TD's website that is a hint it is not a top-level factory. This watch is made by GF, one of the best makers of Breitling Reps. On occasion, I will order from a second-tier factory as in OMF knowing it will not be as good but acceptable. Every time I have ordered from a third-tier factory such as ANF I regret the purchase.

The drama doesn't bother me anymore. My goal is to buy the best Rep I can find which is the part of this hobby that makes it enjoyable. I always seem to have a watch on order and one inbound. To add to the excitement I just had a GF Breitling Chronomat, 2 black rubber straps, and 2 black steel deployants seized. They were with 3 other shipments from my TD that were seized by FedEx SmartPost at the same time. This is the second time in 3 years my shipment was seized. My TD is replacing the items.

Slanglican

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
4/5/20
...well mine should be here in a few days...‘I guess we’ll see if it really does have not have a recessed date wheel! By the looks of my qc photos, I’m going to say they changed something in the movement and went back to the good ole sunken datewheel bc it doesn’t look like some of the photos I’ve seen in this thread...