• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Canadian member

suparobg

Horology Curious
17/10/13
Hi everyone, I am having quite the time to get a replica PloProf. 2 times now from 2 different companies I ordered an Omega PloProf replica with the black bezel as pictured in their ads , and twice I got the watch but with an Orange Bezel instead. The excuse was that the factory ran out of black bezels:rolleyes: The second company just flat out refused to honour their return policy if the wrong watch was sent, so I had to get the credit card company involved. I got my money back but now after 3 weeks of screwing me around for an exchange they want me to pay for return shipping. HAHAHA Oh and they will give me the money after. HAHAHAHA Is there any reputable dealers in Canada or the US that don't just buy the cheap chinese replicas then over inflate the prices on their sites? I have seen the watch I like from 139.00 up to 5 or 600.00 The problem with these sites is they don't care about the consumer just the $$$$$
I ordered from www.replicaspecial.com and they go by several other websites as well. DO NOT BUY FROM THEM THEY JUST SEND YOU WHATEVER THEY WANT AND THEN IT IS HELL TO GET AN EXCHANGE FROM THEM WHEN THEY SENT THE WRONG WATCH

the other one I got an Omega PloProf from was half decent but the crown broke on the watch and I had to send it back at my expense even though it happened after 5 days.

WHERE CAN I GET A GOOD QUALITY REPLICA FROM THAT WON'T TRY TO CHEAT ME????

THANKS

SSTEEL

Banned
Banned
30/1/13
Welcome to RWI :)

Great intro, you will be fine with our Trusted Dealers.

Who were these sites you ordered from? You are lucky you received anything.

suparobg

Horology Curious
17/10/13
i just tried on of the trusted dealers at random www.truetime168.com and got an error not found message. I find a lot of theses companies sell a few watches then close down their website and open a new one so they can scam some more..

The website that I got screwed with is www.replicaspecial.com I tried it but it doesn't work anymore. Also www.hotwatchesbrand.com there are a few more that are identical in their policies and FAQ's
My broken PloProf that I sent back to be fixed came from www.mowatches.com so far after 1 month they have not got my returned watch yet. They sent me a watch with an orange bezel as well. seems like an epidemic i am striking out 2/2 very frustrating

MARK746

28/10/12
BC, Canada
Sounds like you didn't spend the $75 or so for tracked shipment from Canada. I returned a watch to a TD without tracking and the 6 to 10 days delivery time turned out to be 2 months. You might still hear that they received your return, but I wouldn't hold my breath, and hopefully you didn't spend too much on the watch.

suparobg

Horology Curious
17/10/13
hi

Sounds like you didn't spend the $75 or so for tracked shipment from Canada. I returned a watch to a TD without tracking and the 6 to 10 days delivery time turned out to be 2 months. You might still hear that they received your return, but I wouldn't hold my breath, and hopefully you didn't spend too much on the watch.

No only spent 150.00 and they sent me a watch with a different color bezel than the one I ordered. What a hassle

tommy_boy

Athletic Supporter
23/4/09
The Evergreen State
Welcome to RWI. I tried the link for Truetime168/Lucy and had no problem getting to her site.

We have so many dealers now, you should have no problem sourcing a Ploprof. Try a few more of our dealers.

cyberwarhol

Renowned Member
28/7/13
Welcome my fellow Canadian. Be patient and read and read more. Use the TD's here. Some of them don't have their own website but they have access to many different brands and models.
They will send you QC pics for approval first and you can reject them if there are obvious issues. But you WILL see it first before they ship out to you.
Enjoy your stay!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marsellus

Horology Curious
11/2/14
Hello fellow Canadian, sorry to hear about your misfortune, I hope I have better luck, if and when I decide to order a watch. Keep in mind that your $140 to $600 range for the same watch, is probably not the same watch. There may be different movements, or better parts used here and there. But, I'm new and inexperienced just like you, so I may not be right about that statement.

suparobg

Horology Curious
17/10/13
Hello fellow Canadian, sorry to hear about your misfortune, I hope I have better luck, if and when I decide to order a watch. Keep in mind that your $140 to $600 range for the same watch, is probably not the same watch. There may be different movements, or better parts used here and there. But, I'm new and inexperienced just like you, so I may not be right about that statement.

Yes you are probably right about the 4 or 5 hundred dollar replicas having "better" parts in them. But so far I am batting 0/2 in regards to getting a replica Omega PloProf with a black bezel. This has made me leary of replicas in general. Different sites seem to charge different prices for the exact same watch so it all seems suspicious since they are dealing essentially in illegal goods anyways. Also met a rude "TD" but that is neither here nor there.
Thanks

suparobg

Horology Curious
17/10/13
How much money does one really have to pay to get a decent rep these days? 200 300 400
I don't know. It is all a little bit confusing. At least with authentic watches you know what you are getting for your money.