• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Bronze Mark XVIII

Petruo

You're Saying I Can Sell?
27/6/18
Good to See that the First Watch of the New Collection is out. Cant wait for the New smal Top Gun Version.

i think this bronze Version ist Really good. In the past the biggest flaws of Iwc was the misslingend Date Wheel, the recess of the Date Window and the 12 oclock Mark.

the Problem i See with this bronze Version is that it will be difficult to get the right color of the Green dial and also of the Bronze finish.

would be realy Interessed to See a comparison to the gen Version

Reactions: vcappp

Petruo

27/6/18
I have a gen Mark xviii with Silver dial and the lume of the 12o clock Triangel looks like a Pyramide. You can See it from distance.

The New spitfire bronze also have this Form

this xf Replica hasnt which is a no Go for me. One the the biggest flaws still exist on the new replica. Hope that the new top gun will have it. I saw once a titan mark xviii replica which had the pyramid marker

Petruo

27/6/18
I can live with flaws like different case size but details like this where others can immediately see it’s a rep is a no go

Vric

Renowned Member
17/6/06
Oh well... To each his own

indeed. I prefer something you have to put your nose on the crystal on a certain light angle than a wrong case. But well, I'm in this hobby for over 13 years so I might have seen worst.....

Anyway, I might bite this week. I was looking for a bronze rep which is not tudor or zenith.

preppyr6

I'm Pretty Popular
29/10/15
I guess cape cod would ruin the bead blasted finish

I used ketchup on my v1 XF Black Bay and it worked perfectly fine...the v2 (or 3) with the Alu-Bronze alloy didnt respond as well to ketchup, but DID work with cape cod cloth.

So depending on the alloy, I'd opt for ketchup before cape cod cloth (due to the finish).

tr573

Renowned Member
17/10/11
I used ketchup on my v1 XF Black Bay and it worked perfectly fine...the v2 (or 3) with the Alu-Bronze alloy didnt respond as well to ketchup, but DID work with cape cod cloth.

So depending on the alloy, I'd opt for ketchup before cape cod cloth (due to the finish).

Yes, it's ideal for clearing bronze tarnish. But shipping chinese packets of heinz 57 via dhl express all over the world with watches (and advertising it as a free pack in complete with photos) is a little silly sounding to someone who comes from a country where literally every single home has a giant bottle of ketchup in the fridge at all times.

pippo

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/1/10
indeed. I prefer something you have to put your nose on the crystal on a certain light angle than a wrong case. But well, I'm in this hobby for over 13 years so I might have seen worst.....

Anyway, I might bite this week. I was looking for a bronze rep which is not tudor or zenith.

Exactly my thought...not to mention the fact that a dial can be replaced with gen dial at a later stage unlike a case (it's actually possible but extremely unlikely and not for a reasonable price).

Reactions: vcappp and vsigala

nanoman

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
19/2/15
PNW
Does it look like the green color is slightly off on the XF? Basing this on the youku video clip.

Domisus

Renowned Member
28/3/18
Austria
At 1:10 he's talking about the pyramid marker I guess. The date font looks very off to me. The green seems slightly lighter on the rep

Wait a second. Is he comparing the rep with the gen in the video or is he just comparing two reps?