• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New BP DJ II from Lucy (with my gen)

D

d4m.test

This was very interesting on the topic bezel size on the BP and Noob versions and clarification with illustrative pics. Thanks tchokie and pecu:)
I also always keep reading it´s too large but did not know everybody was always referring to the noob version and never to BP.
Mine is also 4mm btw:)

pecu

You're Saying I Can Sell?
23/7/14
I heard that the date has a lot of problems when they reach 20+

Can we see the date set to one of those numbers?

egroegart

Put Some Respect On My Name
1/7/13
DO they make the blue dial DJ 2 in a BP version?

Yes they do. Here's the one I had. http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php/169654-Rolex-Datejust-II-blue-dial
You will notice on mine that the bezel is too big. It actually looked bigger in pics than it did in real life. but it was a stunning watch for sure. there's really no way to capture that dial very well in pictures the way it just glows. It's gorgeous. Now just recently I have seen bp djII's with the correct bezel size, so evidently they must have fixed it and made it smaller. I can't say that for sure, but one's that people have posted the last couple weeks are the right size.

egroegart

1/7/13
What kind of problems? I'll take a look when I get home.

The numbers in the 20's are usually partially covered by the date box so you can't see part of the 2. and sometimes other numbers are left justified. I don't remember if the date box is too small or the numbers too large. I think the datebox is too small though. I don't know though they may have changed that too. I'm curious to see if your numbers all fit in the box.

tchockie

Renowned Member
2/5/14
Yes they do. Here's the one I had. http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php/169654-Rolex-Datejust-II-blue-dial
You will notice on mine that the bezel is too big. It actually looked bigger in pics than it did in real life. but it was a stunning watch for sure. there's really no way to capture that dial very well in pictures the way it just glows. It's gorgeous. Now just recently I have seen bp djII's with the correct bezel size, so evidently they must have fixed it and made it smaller. I can't say that for sure, but one's that people have posted the last couple weeks are the right size.

George, you review was what made me decide on the sticks, and I was really really tempted to get the blue like you!

blueslover

4/8/11
So from my research the BP is much better and closer to gen, the only issue is the size of the fluted bezel, I saw an older review where the BP had a bigger one but this seems perfect.

i don't want to sound too critical but are the letters where it says Rolex and below as well as the "superlative" at the bottom seem a bit less crisp than gen?

I wonder if this is an issue with the white color only and black text because the grey dial rep my brother had was super crisp like gen.

I can post a side by side of a white gen and the picture the OP posted. I just wonder how close the color white is to the gen white and if the sticks are off in color or not. May just have to buy a couple and compare.

Lastly what colors do you guys think are repped the best? And is the gold on the rep really a gold just lower quality? I'm obviously going to stick with the BP on these so considering only colors they have.

devil16171

8/8/14
Yes, the BP is much better with the DJ II. than noob is. Only issue I had with mine was slightly left justified numbers in the 20's on the date. Other than that it was awesome. I regret selling mine.

Noob has the same issue with the dates. Other than the BP having the correct J in Datejust, aren't they basically the same? I can't identify anything else just from looking at the picture.
EDIT: I read the thread :p, never realized how different the bezels were.

egroegart

1/7/13
I really should have said that the BP was better than the noob at the time I purchased mine. Honestly I don't know what improvements noob has made now. So the noob could very well be better also. But what I have seen of the BP now it looks great with the improvements.

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
nice score TCH !

pecu

23/7/14
Just an interesting note.

Someone said something about the REP of the OP not having a bevel on the date window, since we can see the bevel on the GEN

I was just checking ou the white dial GEN, and guess what? No bevel!

GEN on the left

7d6b0254c4635516da23da3bf564e535.jpg
B89BA121-D6C9-4DB6-90AC-36872A3FD126_zpsf624kckg.jpg

pecu

23/7/14
Better pic with the same date

It looks like the problem with the date is not the window size, but the font size

GEN on the top

adydysy4.jpg

B89BA121-D6C9-4DB6-90AC-36872A3FD126_zpsf624kckg.jpg

pecu

23/7/14
Yes, most models, GEN and REPs have it. But it looks like the white dial doesnt. And it looks like its correct on the REP.

I wonder if the OP can take a pic of his watch with the date set to 29 so we can compare them!

GEN

8553040319_ef626cd975_c.jpg

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
I think the high gloss painted dials dont have the bevel in the date windows.
Either that or the paint fills in the bevel so that its not so obvious.

Luke Warm

30/5/14
Yes, most models, GEN and REPs have it. But it looks like the white dial doesnt. And it looks like its correct on the REP.

I wonder if the OP can take a pic of his watch with the date set to 29 so we can compare them!

GEN

8553040319_ef626cd975_c.jpg
Here's a pic of mine set to 29.

af9453adeab9b31a3c5c1c8d8ea2b699.jpg

ffc5af9284c5ed2f42e088367cf6a567.jpg