• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Big Bang!!

digi

Known Member
2/9/07
I could not agree more. But if u look at it from a ROI perspective, its normal for them to jack it up so they can recoup the amt invested I guess (quickly). But there will always be buyers, why, becoz some ppl dun mind forking out 500-800 for a near clone to the casual eye.

Also you hv the gen manufacturers minting regular folks for years, so I guess its nice let off of steam for gen buyers. Including myself :lol:

These super reps are really scaring the OE manufacturers for 2 reasons:

1. Most ppl aren't watch freaks and could not tell a real from a top rep (HBB, IWC, Pam etc)
2. The movements are getting better and better, and the prices are much more affordable than the gens

All these new watches are fashion bits, so for a rationale consumer with limited resources (nearly everyone has this constraint), these clones are a very welcome alternative.

I hv a number of gens and although they are really nice, my reps are as good from these angles.

1. Build quality is on par or only very slightly inferior
2. Can't complain abt the high beat asian movement (except the daytona one)

Enjoy your toys :D

Matt Watch

I'm Pretty Popular
12/7/07
I guess It's all subjective on price. It all depends on where you sit and what you can afford.

Hambone

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
24/11/06
Matt Watch said:
I guess It's all subjective on price. It all depends on where you sit and what you can afford.

You are so right Matt. Those who cannot afford it seem to be the biggest whiners. The Chinese have tremendous manufacturing skills and I would never underestimate their ability to produce quality merchandise.

evildee

13/9/06
I think the higher priced model will float down a bit once the ceramic bezels are gone. Either they will come up with a solution (PVD bezel) or with the current crackdown from Mr. B. the watch might not be available anymore. For those fortunate owners with the ceramic bezel version can sell their watch at the current market price or higher.

So, get them while you can!

Sylar

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
17/1/07
Nice Banner E, veryy appropriae. Im hoping to get the capuccino when it comes. Hope the bezels are available at that point as well or the manuf have figured out a way to get more or make them themselves. I am sure they will come up with a solution but when will be the question.

Matt Watch

I'm Pretty Popular
12/7/07
Yes, I just ordered the RG - now ordering BBM to get collection finished. I'm nervous that bezels will dry up. Hoblot has always been a dream-watch for me so this is fun while it last.[/quote]